Big Sounds In Motion

excellent review. see me preparing to give my blunt remarks in a bit.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered how Statesman were able to lay claim to being the “hosts” for DCA finals in their pre-show announcements? Maybe an administration thing?

The reason the Empire Statesmen are able to lay claim to being the "hosts" for the DCA Finals is because we are the hosts. Not saying anything against the Crusaders but just to let you know that we (the Empire Statesmen) bid for this event and were awarded this event. It's not an administration thing... it's the real thing.

See you in Rochester!

How can anyone wonder how the Statesman were able to lay claim to being the “hosts” for DCA Championship.

If you are asking that question you just don’t have a clue, the Statesman but more specifically Allen Buell and his committee have worked there Axx off to make sure no stone has been left unturned. I for one thank the Statesmen and the DCA for taking on this monumental challenge.

Allen, Seven days to go can’t wait till Thursday.

Good luck my friend on what is going to be a class event, see you in a few days.

I'm pretty sure the reason he was asking is because he honestly didn't know.

review delayed...with about 3 paragraphs to go, my computer froze up and all IE/Firefox windows dissapeared, allowing me to save nothing. i start anew tonight

review delayed...with about 3 paragraphs to go, my computer froze up and all IE/Firefox windows dissapeared, allowing me to save nothing. i start anew tonight

That's why I always write long stuff in a word processor (MS Word). That way, you at least get the "auto-save" verison of the document.

How can anyone wonder how the Statesman were able to lay claim to being the “hosts” for DCA Championship.

If you are asking that question you just don’t have a clue, the Statesman but more specifically Allen Buell and his committee have worked there Axx off to make sure no stone has been left unturned. I for one thank the Statesmen and the DCA for taking on this monumental challenge.

Allen, Seven days to go can’t wait till Thursday.

Good luck my friend on what is going to be a class event, see you in a few days.

Hello Alan!

Yes, I'm counting the days... Tomorrow it starts for me but we are as ready as we can be. Looking forward to seeing you there. We'll have a few drinks and send the tab to Mr. Pronti...

Sheesh, starting to see why there are so few reviews on these forums!

here's how one can wonder:

One is not a DCA director

One has only attended 2 DCA shows this year, and is therefore "clueless"

One is used to the governing bodies of DCA and DCI, and the cities where they are held, as being considered the "hosts" for championships

I was not aware of all the work that Mr. Buell did to bring the Championships to Rochester, so shame on me, and congratulations to him.

By the way, one more question I have because of my clueless nature...

Who was the "host" corps for the years that DCA has been in Scranton???

Sheesh, starting to see why there are so few reviews on these forums!

here's how one can wonder:

One is not a DCA director

One has only attended 2 DCA shows this year, and is therefore "clueless"

One is used to the governing bodies of DCA and DCI, and the cities where they are held, as being considered the "hosts" for championships

I was not aware of all the work that Mr. Buell did to bring the Championships to Rochester, so shame on me, and congratulations to him.

By the way, one more question I have because of my clueless nature...

Who was the "host" corps for the years that DCA has been in Scranton???

When DCA Was in Scranton it was a combined show that was co-hosted by the American Legion. The American Legion & the Convention & Visitor's Bureau put in the bid from Scranton. This was the DCA World Championships as well as the American Legion National Championships. Anyone is allowed to bid. For example when it was in Syracuse it was hosted by the Syracuse Brigadiers.

Don't take my response to you as an attack. It's just 12 months of stress that have me a bit on edge as we move forward into this weekend. When I see something that makes me think that our Corps is trying to take credit for something that should have been shared I guess I get a bit territorial.....It was a large group of people who worked on this bid. Myself, along with the entire Empire Statesmen team, the City of Rochester, Monroe County & the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association.

Hope you can join us in Rochester and again don't take my response the wrong way.