LUCKY 13?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved 97 Pioneer their visual show was CRAP but their music was awesome. Their music scores were finals quality but their visual especially colorguard were way off.

Edited by BucsBuff

Thank you. :D

It's a certainty that anytime the fave 13th place corps question is asked, I'll say 92 G-men!

How many times have I SAID it?? :P

Mmmmmmm.....the last backfield measures in "Madre de la Terra".....mmmmmmmm....

I gotta go with '82 Suncoast. When I saw them in Montreal, I really thought they had the Cavaliers beat. Sure Cavaliers closer was amazing, but their performance at prelims was less than stellar. They were much better at finals and thus they moved up to 11th but I thought Suncoast had knocked them out of finals.

Seems weird to think of Cavies barely making finals given their current success!

It's '79 Crossmen, and it's not really even close. It was a finalist corps and show that had the misfortune to have a blah prelims performance with a panel that wasn't gonna give em benefit of the doubt, coupled with an inspired Troopers performance earlier in the day. They were on track, up until that Friday afternoon, to be a top 8 corps in Finals Saturday night,

Most of the rest of this list were good shows, but not shows that had been in position to be solid finalists

I've listened to some of these shows and I love every one of them. I didn't see anyone mention Spirit '01 and '04 and Colts '05. I thought these were great shows. With the quality that the semifinalists are putting out, I would love to see a tie for 12th one of these days.

In 1977, the Anaheim Kingsmen were done in by one particular field judge who had a vendetta against our director at the time. Maybe someone knows how to access the M&M scores from prelims that year. It should show the discrepancies between what he gave us vs. the others. Heck, we even beat SCV in drums and still didn't make finals that year.

It sucked.

Edited by greggmanX-Kingsmen