DCI infomercial tonight on ESPN 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, because I only read down to Stef and not the rest yet-I'll ask, what time will it be on?

8pm ET/5pm PT -- I guess that makes it 7pm CT.. here's the banner that's up on DCI.org

2006ESPN2_webban_cavaliers.jpg

:) I love doing that because the kid in the picture is my age-out, Jeff Brown! *proud*

Edited by ScribeToo

I have a question -- and honestly, I'm not just trying to be argumentative -- but don't you think that a kid who sits down with mom and dad next tuesday night to watch "this band thing" their kid is interested in is going to say, "mom, dad, I think this is cool.. I'd like to DO that!" in some form or other.. and don't you think that mom and dad, seeing a bunch of kids -- not too unlike their own child -- standing in front of a camera with big grins on their faces saying, "it's the best thing that ever happened to me" and "I'm so sad to age out" or "I'll miss my friends" will be a signal to them that this might be a bit more worthwhile of an experience for their kid and could warrant a little further investigation?

And you'll get some drum corps shows from the broadcast.. but the purpose of the broadcast isn't to JUST show the result.. maybe the purpose of the broadcast is to show the WHOLE product.. which, as we fans already know, is so much more complex than just what we see on the field. Sometimes -- at least to outsiders -- just what's on the field isn't enough to take them to the next step of wanting to find out more information.

WE can always (and are likely to) buy the DVDs for full shows as we are already fans. This program is targeted to people who aren't yet among us. I think it's wise to balance the message with what's great on ALL levels of the activity... not just the performances.

I agree with some of what you say, but wouldn't it be best if they just took more time, (2 more hours), and showed at least the top 4 or 5 in their WHOLE PERFORMANCE??

I mean, if we want to show the kids what this is about, why not show them the whole show, not just a snilppet. Imagine being a drummer, and thinking that a corps doesn't drum because the drum feature is ommited?

I think that way, it would give a true representation of what drum corps is. (Now it's like buying a car, but only seeing parts of it.)

Oh, it would have been nice to show it on a WEEKEND DAY, so we could plan some kind of party. (I know DCI say's to party for this, but people have to work the next day, and a lot of people have kids, etc.)

Take it easy, and Rock On! ^0^ ^0^ B) ^0^ ^0^

Wow being able to watch Drum Corps on Labor Day Weekend.. what a great idea :P ^0^

(Just kidding, gotta get the frustration outta my system 'cause I ain't going to Rochester)

PS - We were a Neilsen family once, don't remember reading that we had to keep it a secret. It was only for a week anyway. Got paid for it too, they slipped five $1 bills in the envelope (NOT kidding).

Guess I better start figuring out now what channel ESPN 2 is actually on.

Or ESPN 8: The Ocho.

Oh wait, thats BOA Nationals!

I mean, if we want to show the kids what this is about, why not show them the whole show, not just a snilppet. Imagine being a drummer, and thinking that a corps doesn't drum because the drum feature is ommited?

I doubt the show will ignore the fact that we have drummers in our corps. If the kid is a drummer, is intererested in marching or is in a marching band, he will get the idea.

Brainstorm: Why not make it a real infomercial? We could get an English-accented spokesman "Blimy, did you see the moves the Cavies are making? You too could make these moves when you buy DCI DVDS for not $500, not $300, but only $179.99!!"

Make it a Spanish infomercial with mariachi music in the background and you'll have me hooked

If the kid is a drummer, is intererested in marching or is in a marching band, he will get the idea.

or if he has EARS.

Lack of cable hindered me from tuning in. I hope all enjoyed it! B)

Terrance