Phantom

Phantom getting benefit of judges the last couple of years?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you have had them placed in 2006?

• They deserved 2nd place
    • They actually should have placed 3rd
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th or lower
  2. 2. In 2005 where would you have had them placed?

• They deserved 3rd place
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th
    • They should have placed 8th or lower

Eh, who cares. It's pretty obvious when people just hate certain corps. Their loss.

Just for the record, I do not hate Phantom, or any other corps. But as corps is a big part of my life, and a lot of my good friends lives, we do discuss corps alot. Especially now that the season is over, and we are waiting on the dvds to come. We are actually having a DCI party for the ESPN show. Most of us are just huge drum corps fans who want to see the best show win. But I honestly believe if Colts, or Glassmen, or Crossmen had played that exact same Gershwin show, performed to that exact level, I don't think it would have placed anywhere near 3rd. Most people I have talked to also didn't find it to be one of Phantoms better shows.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought PR did an excellent job in 05 and deserved no less than 3rd.

Edited by PRBuick56

This thread is unfair as it doesn't list the top placing.....change it or lock it....

This is a prime example of trolling

Just for the record, I do not hate Phantom, or any other corps. But as corps is a big part of my life, and a lot of my good friends lives, we do discuss corps alot. Especially now that the season is over, and we are waiting on the dvds to come. We are actually having a DCI party for the ESPN show. Most of us are just huge drum corps fans who want to see the best show win. But I honestly believe if Colts, or Glassmen, or Crossmen had played that exact same Gershwin show, performed to that exact level, I don't think it would have placed anywhere near 3rd. Most people I have talked to also didn't find it to be one of Phantoms better shows.

I suppose the answer would be that Colts, Glassmen or Crossmen could not have performed at that level. That is why they place where they do and Regiment places where they do. This isn't an insult to those corps, just the facts. If Regiment played the same show as the Colts, Regiment would place higher. So would the Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Blue Coats, Vanguard, Scouts, Cadets, Blue Knights, Crown, Bac, Glassmen and Spirit, as the Colts were thirtheenth in every performance category.

Edited by RegimentContra94

anyone who voted 7th/8th or lower are just plain morons, and completely oblivious to anything drum corps related.

yes, I said it.

that is absolutely ridiculous.

Phantom has clearly been a top 3 corps both years. and yes, the did deserve 2nd this year.

~>conner

Just for the record, I do not hate Phantom, (snip)

I had a long reply and was ready to click 'submit', but then I read through your profile and every post that you have regarding Phantom is dictated in a negative light. Whether when they were successful, they didn't deserve to be, or when they weren't as successful (in the court of public opinion), they got what they deserved.

So, I'm sorry you don't like Phantom. Polls (much like petitions about amps) aren't really going to acheive the desired effect, other than holding, a rather thinly-veiled, kangaroo court which does nothing more than disparage (not discourage) the corps.

And it all seems to revolve around a visit to a souvie stand.

Hopefully this poll will help you exorcise your demons.

Edited by Chris Scott

anyone who voted 7th/8th or lower are just plain morons, and completely oblivious to anything drum corps related.

yes, I said it.

that is absolutely ridiculous.

Phantom has clearly been a top 3 corps both years. and yes, the did deserve 2nd this year.

~>conner

So anyone with an opinion different than yours is a plain moron? Are you like in the 3rd grade?

As far as deserving 2nd this year, Blue Devils should have easily had 2nd. The only night Phantom should have been close to(or possibly above)in score to BD would have been Friday night. Blue Devils had a flat performance that night, where as Phantom had their best performance. And on Saturday night, I thought Cadets actually outperformed(even though I wasn't really excited about their show) Phantom. And even though I was rooting for Bluecoats to finally make top 4, I didn't quite think they deserved it either this year. I really thought Vanguard was a little better on Saturday night. So as far as judging I thought the midwest corps actually received a break this year in general. But the reason for this poll is only because a lot of people I have talked to feel like this is 2 years in a row that one of the corps has been overscored.

I personally voted for 4th in 06, and 7th in 05. I see there are actually people who voted for lower placements that I did. So I am obviously not the only one who felt they were overscored both years. I was actually kind of surprised to see some people voted for 8th or lower in 05 though.

As others have said, hard to take a poll seriously that doesn't provide an option for the corps placing higher but allows them to drop 6 places. Clearly the OP is biased against Phantom. You don't even need to research past posts. This post alone makes that obvious.

That said, I couldn't vote because I thought Phantom should have won this year and should have placed second last year. Both not choices in the poll. Not to take anything away from Cavaliers who were certainly amazing, but Phantom was off the scale with music effect.