Phantom

Phantom getting benefit of judges the last couple of years?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you have had them placed in 2006?

• They deserved 2nd place
    • They actually should have placed 3rd
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th or lower
  2. 2. In 2005 where would you have had them placed?

• They deserved 3rd place
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th
    • They should have placed 8th or lower

Just looking at his past posts from his profile, this same idiot had Regiment "fighting boston for 6th" with a month to go in the season, and still refers to the "top 4 corps of cavaliers, bd, scv, and cadets" even with regiment being top 3 last 2 years and top 4 in 3 out of the last 4. What a tool lol

To be frank, Boston was pretty close with Phantom in the beginning of the season. Even many people on DCP thought Boston may have a chance at 6-7th. Obviously it didn't work out that way, but still, judging from late June to mid-July, it's not completely off base for someone to think that.

This thread still sucks though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone with an opinion different than yours is a plain moron? Are you like in the 3rd grade?

As far as deserving 2nd this year, Blue Devils should have easily had 2nd. The only night Phantom should have been close to(or possibly above)in score to BD would have been Friday night. Blue Devils had a flat performance that night, where as Phantom had their best performance. And on Saturday night, I thought Cadets actually outperformed(even though I wasn't really excited about their show) Phantom. And even though I was rooting for Bluecoats to finally make top 4, I didn't quite think they deserved it either this year. I really thought Vanguard was a little better on Saturday night. So as far as judging I thought the midwest corps actually received a break this year in general. But the reason for this poll is only because a lot of people I have talked to feel like this is 2 years in a row that one of the corps has been overscored.

I personally voted for 4th in 06, and 7th in 05. I see there are actually people who voted for lower placements that I did. So I am obviously not the only one who felt they were overscored both years. I was actually kind of surprised to see some people voted for 8th or lower in 05 though.

I have quite a few friends in Phantom and I'm almost positive that their show peaked on Finals night...musically and visually. It may be in your opinion that their best performance was Friday night, but I think the membership and staff would beg to differ with you.

I have quite a few friends in Phantom and I'm almost positive that their show peaked on Finals night...musically and visually. It may be in your opinion that their best performance was Friday night, but I think the membership and staff would beg to differ with you.

and judges too!

they definitely had their best performance on saturday night. IMO i think they would have gotten 2nd in quarterfinals had they performed like they could have. unfortunately the guard had an off night, and something funny music ensemble wise after the rifle toss, so that unfortunately left them to take the remaining to days to climb back to 2nd. I dont see how they could be any lower than second. the best drumline by far, A hornline that probably should have also won, an amazing GE package, and ####.... those guys can march! they wear white because they CAN.

why isnt 1st an option? hater??

05 was right where it should have been

06 i think should have been 1st.

and you honestly think that had a different corps performed the same show in 05 they would have placed way lower? that is flat out wrong. The judges do not give phantom any credit because of their name. Think back a half a decade, when THE phantom regiment was placing 7th? 6th? and they deserved it, they were only performing at THAT level, but now that has changed. and if anything I dont think their name is pushing them forward, I think its held them back these last 2 years, but I think that has changed now. They let everyone know that they are without a doubt a contender.

Edited by corpsismylife

Did Phantom Regiment once kick your puppy?

From the sound of it, Phantom Regiment killed and ate his puppy.

As for this topic...meh.

If your going to say Regiment should have faired so badly - please, defend your pics

I'm not going to trash you, but I want to know what, if anything, your bassing this on?

So anyone with an opinion different than yours is a plain moron? Are you like in the 3rd grade?

As far as deserving 2nd this year, Blue Devils should have easily had 2nd. The only night Phantom should have been close to(or possibly above)in score to BD would have been Friday night. Blue Devils had a flat performance that night, where as Phantom had their best performance. And on Saturday night, I thought Cadets actually outperformed(even though I wasn't really excited about their show) Phantom. And even though I was rooting for Bluecoats to finally make top 4, I didn't quite think they deserved it either this year. I really thought Vanguard was a little better on Saturday night. So as far as judging I thought the midwest corps actually received a break this year in general. But the reason for this poll is only because a lot of people I have talked to feel like this is 2 years in a row that one of the corps has been overscored.

I personally voted for 4th in 06, and 7th in 05. I see there are actually people who voted for lower placements that I did. So I am obviously not the only one who felt they were overscored both years. I was actually kind of surprised to see some people voted for 8th or lower in 05 though.

Wow....simply wow...listen to that finals CD and try to say Phantom wasnt the best hornline out there...I dare ya ^0^