Phantom

Phantom getting benefit of judges the last couple of years?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you have had them placed in 2006?

• They deserved 2nd place
    • They actually should have placed 3rd
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th or lower
  2. 2. In 2005 where would you have had them placed?

• They deserved 3rd place
    • They should have placed 4th
    • They should have placed 5th
    • They should have placed 6th
    • They should have placed 7th
    • They should have placed 8th or lower

After talking with many people this year after finals, alot of people really seem to think Phantom got the benefit of the judges the last couple of years.

I personally thought BD and Cadets should have beaten Phantom this year, and last year, Phantom shouldn't have scored above 7th place with the Gershwin show. If any other corps had performed that show at that level, they wouldn't have placed above 9th.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After talking with many people this year after finals, alot of people really seem to think Phantom got the benefit of the judges the last couple of years.

I personally thought BD and Cadets should have beaten Phantom this year, and last year, Phantom shouldn't have scored above 7th place with the Gershwin show. If any other corps had performed that show at that level, they wouldn't have placed above 9th.

Man, thats a bit harsh LOL

Regiment deserved 2nd this year. Had it not been for their stellar Percussion line and the high score they earned in that caption, they would have been 4th at best.

As far as the Gershwin show, it's not one of my Regiment favs, but it was definitely better than 7th. I thought 4th or 5th would have been about right.

I personally think that they could have finished 1st through 3rd on finals night. They had a very emotional performance which can lead to some high GE marks.

as for 2005....I didn't care for the show much, even though it was my 2nd favorite show of the year in Div I. However, I think that they deserved 3rd. Had it been another year, I would probably say 4-6...but they were in my opinion, much cleaner and more entertaining than the corps they beat.

I have to say this year, I thought Phantom had one of their best shows since 94. I enjoyed the music, the drill was decent, the guard improved tons over the season(although it seemed that most of the really difficult guard work was done by the 6 men in the guard, and the rest of the guard seemed to have watered down work) It was definitely worlds above their show last year.

2005 was not one of my favorite Phantom shows by far. I wasn't impressed with the music at all, didn't even make my top 20 shows musically from 05. Although the drill wasn't very exciting, I will say that the members performed the show very well by finals week. I think the reason I didn't care for the show, was that after the wonderful shows from 03 and 04, it just seemed like such a letdown in 05, but nice to see them back on track in 06.