Thank you from DCA.

Guess I'm banned from going to Upper Darby for not thinking of Archie. :P

Thinking about it Jim, was there any Senior corps that started in the late 1940s that didn't have a connection to at least one pre-war Junior corps? And seeing the same corps listed as a Junior and Senior corps (but different years) can make you look like --> :blink:

And supersop, first MidWest corps to make DCA Finals was Boys of '76 (Racine, WI) in 1970. Minnesota Brass and Chicago Connection started making the trip in the late 1970s.

westshore was born from the privateers, a Harrisburg junior corps.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

westshore was born from the privateers, a Harrisburg junior corps.

Earl Aurand(sp?) Post was a Junior corps???

Edit: Never mind, just found the entry in www.dbcna.com. Privateers were both a Junior and Senior but no idea of exactly when.

Will have to dig up my copy of the big article the corps got in the mid 1950s. It's what I posted in the Westshore history thread many moons ago. There is a pic of a Junior corps that's supposed to be where the Sr corps got its' pre-war start. Thought it was a West Shore corps pictured but will have to look.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Privateers went senior after i believe 50 or so. Bill Light explained it to me that the kids from the corps went to "longshore" when they were founded, and after that, Privateers had trouble getting kids, so as they got older, they tried going senior.

Bill should know, he pre-dates both corps :P

and Rose will undoubtedly proclaim same :lol:

Privateers went senior after i believe 50 or so. Bill Light explained it to me that the kids from the corps went to "longshore" when they were founded, and after that, Privateers had trouble getting kids, so as they got older, they tried going senior.

Bill should know, he pre-dates both corps :P