If you could bring back one Folded corps...

Suncoast Sound - I'm a music person and they had one of the best brass lines during their time in the 80's. I only heard them live in '88 and '89 when I began marching and seeing them on tour. I can only imagine what they sounded like in the years previous. I still get goosebumps when I listen to them on CD.

I agree. 1983 still blows me away! Tough stuff interpreted well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

West Reading Police Cadets (just so I can have a corps right next to my house) or The Barons of Steuben/Spectrum (just so I can have a corps right next to my college)

In all seriousness- Muchachoes, Star and the Pre YEA Crossmen.

Suncoast Sound - I'm a music person and they had one of the best brass lines during their time in the 80's. I only heard them live in '88 and '89 when I began marching and seeing them on tour. I can only imagine what they sounded like in the years previous. I still get goosebumps when I listen to them on CD.

:wink::wink::wink:

Could not agree more . . . I heard Suncoast LIVE from the early eighties to the end; they're just nothing like that sound. And while most people seem to note them most for their wonderful brass line, it's important to note that they were among the top innovators in the 80's in new and unusual percussion instruments.

Another distinctive horn sound that I would thoroughly love to see (and hear) brought back to live is the Freelancers . . . ^OO^

Edited by hurdra

Bring all of them back To many Corps have folded

In Mass Alone off the top of my head

Alliance

Defenders

North Star

Imperials

Hieghtsman

Spectra

Queensman

too many to mention which is a shame! :(

Thanks Homie!

Scarlet Cadets of 1962 (Lewiston, Maine). Finest group of people I have ever met!

NONE

I honestly believe that the corps that are gone are gone for a reason, let them RIP. I respect everyones wishes and longing for times gone by, but personally I just consider corps moving on as part of life.

Trust me, I am a glass half full type of guy, and I would hate to see any more corps fold. But let the ones that are gone RIP.

Side Note: I am 100% behind any reunion efforts ie Mad Alumni, 2-7 etc

Like anyone who marched to see their own corps fold,

my own beloved corps

The Defenders.