DCA Weekend Thoughts

Thanks Fran for getting our drum major's name right - James Barany :) I think you were the first to get it right all summer!!!! :)

It was that handy pronunciation guide provided by Chris Nalls that did the trick! :unsure:

Fran

Fran:

First off, thank you very much for your kind words. We in the Bucs administration are extremely proud of the way our members stepped up at the end of the season and delivered -- particularly with the number of new members in the corps -- and we're grateful that you commented on performing your best when it matters most. Feedback from within the organization has been to that effect as well. We're very proud of our members and their development as performers over the course of the year. So I'm glad you pointed that out as well!

I was so glad that in the flurry of activity and excitement following retreat that I got to run into you and Barbara and say hello! Since it was cold, you had a jacket over your Hawaiian shirt so I couldn't use the glare as a guide to find you! When you unzipped the jacket to reveal the shirt, I was floored. In fact I remember that I recoiled and jumped back. I'll admit that I was pretending. Partially. But it was great to spend a couple minutes chatting with you. You add so much to DCA!

From what I was able to see and hear this summer, it was an amazing year for DCA all around! Thanks for being a part of it and offering your perspective.

Edited by TomMoore

It was that handy pronunciation guide provided by Chris Nalls that did the trick! :lol:

Fran

I can't tell you how close I was to providing an incorrect pronounciation of James' name...

It was great to finally be able to meet Barb. You have no idea how much of a "godsend" that she was when I had just arrived at the Hotel and had NO idea where to go, drum on and all. Just seconds later, I heard a friendly voice call my name, and after a breif greeting, she led the way to the snare drum venue which was quite a distance from where we had arrived. She was a very busy lady and to take the time to do that meant so much to me! Thx again, Barb!

• 2 weeks later...

Fran,

It was one wet and wild weekend.......as always you did a great job ! The best announcer around for sure.....much better at it than your brother in law trying to play bass drum and march . LOL

Thanks for the comments on Carolina Gold......everyone worked real hard to see Tower Of Power to the end !! It was all about the fans.....and we had fun doing it.

I am sure that we will run into each other soon !

Will make sure that I harass Jack Wagner every chance that I get.....

Take care and say hello to Barbara !

Yours in drum corps,

Eddie G

Edited by celtickid

• 2 weeks later...
It was nice to meet some of the folks who post here on DCP....

Nice to meet you, too! I was honored to shake hands with THE VOICE OF DCA.

Fran,

Nice mini-review of the Rachacha experience. Thanks for the comments. The CorpsVets went out to entertain and excel. We did both.

Hoping to attend even more DCA shows, I find I must double my sunglasses budget to contend with your truck stop outside rack shirts.

Thanks to Barb and #### for all their fine work at I&EMC.

See ya' later.