Madison Hires Executive Director

September 5, 2006

Dear Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps Association Members,

The Madison Scouts Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Jeff Spanos has been elected as the Executive Director of the Madison Scouts.

We are extremely excited about Jeff’s involvement in the organization and, as you get to know him, you will share our enthusiasm.

Jeff’s involvement in the Madison Scouts started in 1989 as a snare drummer in the Madison Junior Scouts. He aged-out of the Scouts in 1995 after six seasons and continued his involvement on the instructional staff

from 1999 through 2003. Aside from his rich history with the corps, he

has also been a featured performer with BLAST! and has worked for Drum Corps World, Yamaha Corporation of America and Lincoln Financial.

We believe Jeff possesses the attributes necessary to lead this organization. While his drum corps and business backgrounds impressed us, his communication skills, open-minded nature and flexibility, combined with his competitiveness and focus on what needs to be accomplished to further enhance the organization, helped make this an easier decision for us.

During the coming days, there is much work to be done for the 2007 season and beyond. We realize you have many questions and encourage you to contact Jeff Spanos at (executivedirector@madisonscouts.org). While Jeff spends the next several days getting acclimated to the organization’s day-to-day operations, please be patient but rest assured that your questions will be answered as quickly as possible. In the meantime, expect to be communicated with by either Jeff or the Board about important developments.

Thank you for your patience and confidence during this transition. We realize that change is never easy, and we also realize that we must do a better job of communicating with you. We look forward to building better relationships and a stronger organization.

Respectfully,

Madison Scouts Board of Directors

Jeff Manion, President (alumnus)

Connie Ferris-Bailey

Thomas Moffatt

Joe Murray (alumnus)

Dave Heilman

Steve Vickers

Steve Matson (alumnus)

Gregg Auby (alumnus)

Randy Ferrie (alumnus)

Steven Heck

Edited by Redmann

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Jeff and the Scouts.

I've known Jeff for 15 years. We went to school at UW-Whitewater, and lived down the hall from each other, and were in marching band together. He is/was all Scouts all the time. I couldn't be happier for him, and the Scouts. Class guy, excellent hire. 2007 can't start soon enough.

Thank you, Sir for spreading the good news so quickly! I, like most Scouts fans am looking forward to next year!

Congratulations to Jeff and the Scouts - Jeff is the best snare player I ever played with. He has the energy, determination, and passion to do a great job. I think he is a great choice. Go Scouts

Jeff is a great guy and a great choice... this is terrific (confirmed) news!!

The MOST important thing at this moment is that the current Scouts will be happy with Jeff as a director, and if there is one

humble guy who knows the shoes he has to fill, it's Jeff.

He will waste no time getting to work. And if he runs things the way he runs a snare line... S#*t will get done with no screwin'

around (I know this from first hand personal experience!) ... except of course when the time is right and it's appropriate, then

he will be the first one crackin' it up.

This is a good thing! Congratulations Jeff...my brotha from anotha motha!! (That is a "Jeffism" right there... ) (Right side!!)

^OO^

Edited by GGarrett

Jeff is an OUTSTANDING choice. It was a pleasure getting to know him through the Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project and truly an honor to play with him in the percussion ensemble.

I think he's the perfect choice as he understands the history and traditions of the corps and at the same time has a keen sense of the direction the activity has taken of late.

I am very excited for our little brothers.

May you never walk alone!

I am pumped about te choice of Jeff Spanos as Scouts director...and dare I say that he kinda reminds me of a young Scott Stewart! I am proud to have marched a few drums away from Jeff in the Madison Scout Alumni Corps.

The Scouts will be back!

Jeff is a natural leader and a greate example of what a Scout should be. I think he also has the kind of personality that will help the healing process that needs to occur after a shake-up like this.

It's been, what, all of 2 weeks since the BOD announced Sal's "non-renewal." And the sky stayed up. Imagine that. :P

Congrats to Jeff!!

And, great news for Madison. Those of us who know Jeff probably couldn't think of a better choice to lead and uphold the traditions and excellence of the Madison Scouts. He's focused, driven, passionate about the corps, and mindful and respectful of the traditions in place. I believe he'll be an OUTSTANDING Executive Director. Plus, can any other Exec. Director play flam-drags nearly as fast? I doubt it.

Congratulations Jeff Spanos! And, thank you Sal Salas! Here's to many more great Madison Scouts memories...