The 2006 Cavaliers.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice the two Cavalier guys doing robot moves behind Jessica Allen as she was interviewing the drum majors?

Pretty hilarious . . .

Did anyone notice the two Cavalier guys doing robot moves behind Jessica Allen as she was interviewing the drum majors?

Pretty hilarious . . .

HA HA!! Yes I saw that... very funny. b**bs And the one drum major was like: "Yeah... we just threw down and kicked a **"

That was a great little interview/memorable clip... we laughed out loud here at that.

There was no way anybody was going to come close to this corps...

(and this is NOTHING against Phantom and Blue Devils)

The drill is loaded with special effects, wow moments and breathtaking maneuvers. Unexpected sets, suprise transitions, what staging and guard integration..nobody, does it better.

Outstanding in all areas of performance and showmanship....this corps has it all, what a treat to have been able to see it and then get to experience it again tonight.

To the 2006 Cavaliers, corps, staff, members...thank you, this is drum corps, this is exciting, this is entertainment, dominance, innovation, and I hope it just keeps coming !!!!

~G~

AS most of you know I am not a Big DCI Fan. BUT, here's an outsiders view

I watched the DCI Infomercial.

Of the ones I saw.

(not sure about order they were on.)

Blue Knights - did nothing for me.

Carolina - nice horns job but, did not like music, drill good.

Santa Clara - Liked both Drill and Music. always a lot of class.

Blue Devils - liked drill not music.

Cadets - looked like a good time to go get a snack. Liked nothing.

Phantom - Both drill and music seemed to match up. Every area was Very impressive.

Cavaliers - I was very Impressed. Every part looked well thought out and went well togeather. It was a total show that kept me glued to the screen.

Although I feel either Phantom or Cavaliers could have won. I just think the Cavaliers had that extra something that said "Winner" at score time.

(remember- I was not there, and the short tidbits were all I got to see)

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

What impressed me and satisfied me completely is the fact that the top two corps this year told a story completely through the use of their music and visual capabilities and needed no words or microphones to do it.

In the age of amplification/micc'd singing...Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment (among others) reached, touched, and communicated with the audience and not one word was needed, thats what drum and bugle corps is all about.

Bravo to them both.

~G~

exactly.......

I liked the Cavaliers show :)

Oh boy.

To avoid fanning the flames... let's just suffice it to say that I personally disagree with a lot of what you said in your original post. (And not necessarily in favor of the Blue Devils, either.)

And just for the future, you can't really expect to start a thread called "The 2006 Cavaliers, are you KIDDING me???" without attracting the people who think you ARE kidding...

Congrats to the Cavies though. Good work on #7.

Edited by MagicBobert

A truly phenominal show in all respects. I sat their pretty much stunned watching them tonight, as I usually am with their shows, and I am always reminded just how far they have pushed us visually. And yes, that horn line was incredible and musical and , well, deserving of the Ott trophy, and frankly that drum line also played very well and very musically. Their guard was confident and amazing, had well designed choreography, and they are integrated into the whole of the show better than perhaps I have ever seen before.

Remarkable, Cavaliers!!! Bravo!!!

Jonathan