234 members have voted

1. 1. What were your overall impressions

• Superb, best one that I can recall
    • Fine, no major complaints
    • Some aspects good, some bad-overall positive
    • Some aspects good, some bad-overall negative
    • Severely flawed, concerns need to be addressed
    • Tis a silly place, lets not go there again

Ive already expressed my reservations for the acoustic properties of this stadium in the standing ovations thread, but I wondered what were peoples general perceptions of this new venue. From what i saw in the website I thought it was going to be great, being a rectangular field and all, particularly compared to the baseball stadium at Scranton. But on the whole I found the venue lacking in many ways, on practically every level.

Grounds -Obviously as this is a Sportgrass surface it starts out very highly in my book. But as a performer in prelims I have to give the field a negative rating because the lines disappeared and that had a negative effect on formations.

Grandstand - despite the configuration, the bleacher construction and lack of solid structures to help acoustics made it a negative for me. Not enough vertical rows making many people sit out of the power zone where sound was greatly reduced. No internal hallways to stand in when things got cold. Visually it was pretty good, not really a bad seat for watching in that grandstand.

Food/Restaurants - All food concessions were open air, nothing like a Stadium Club where reunions and socializing could occur during the contest. No place to sit comfortably. Service was very slow, many food items ran out. Food ridiculously expensive.

Location/parking - No large parking lots within easy walking distance. I was informed by a stadium worker that their plans to demolish some old structures to provide parking had been thwarted by environmental concerns. The surrounding neighborhood is not what you call stellar.

Anyone know if DCA is locked into Paetec Park for the next 2 years?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 was awarded to Rochester and Paetec Park...

as always happens, I'm certain the second year at a new venue will go much smoother...

Great job DCA and Allen Buell and crew...

Love the Monty Python reference! :P

Overall, I thought the venue was great. What's up with the rumors of 2008 possibly being held at the Meadowlands? Anyone?

Buehler? :wink:

Overall, I thought the venue was great. What's up with the rumors of 2008 possibly being held at the Meadowlands? Anyone?

Buehler? :wink:

I heard the same rumor,......................I think with two NFL teams having a home at that facility, would make its availability for the entire weekend a longshot,................but maybe I'm wrong,............

From a Marching members view.. It was ok.. No cops yelling at you as you went to warm up.. Buses not to far away. Only thing maybe they need to find a way to bring all the corps back in for Retreat, it was just a weee bit tight. Everyone was cool though joking and making the best of it.. Wish Our practice site was a little bit better.. Thank god for our Trucks and the little hill to get some visual in.

As far as Giant stadium. It would be Preason and If they were to work something out .. The giants could play on Thursday and Jets on friday Like this past week. Or both on Friday night with one being away and the stadium would be ours for the weekend.

From a Marching members view.. It was ok.. No cops yelling at you as you went to warm up.. Buses not to far away. Only thing maybe they need to find a way to bring all the corps back in for Retreat, it was just a weee bit tight. Everyone was cool though joking and making the best of it.. Wish Our practice site was a little bit better.. Thank god for our Trucks and the little hill to get some visual in.

As far as Giant stadium. It would be Preason and If they were to work something out .. The giants could play on Thursday and Jets on friday Like this past week. Or both on Friday night with one being away and the stadium would be ours for the weekend.

I gave it an "overall Positive"

I think DCA and the oganizing people did an Excelent job. I mached in Prelims so I understand the problems with that.

But, who could plan on an almost HURRICANE. The staff tried their darndest to keep things going. I found the stadoum people to be wonderful. If they could do anything for you they did. I think THEY learned a lot also, and next year will be better.

Oh and yes. I agree with all of those Negative remarks about the photo people and how they did things.

AND yes, It should have been moved to the concrete area on the other side of the stadium.

I heard the same rumor,......................I think with two NFL teams having a home at that facility, would make its availability for the entire weekend a longshot,................but maybe I'm wrong,............

The Red Bulls (fka Metrostars) will probably still be there as well.

The Red Bulls (fka Metrostars) will probably still be there as well.

Finding a Good "Footbal" stadium for that week end will be hard. I am not sure how Winston Salem got it. But they were going to use Wake Forrest Univ. Stadium (in their bid for DCA Championships). So I guess where there is a will. There is a way. So maybe they they could get Rutgers Stadium in New Brunswick, or the Huge Princeton Univ Stadium ( #### they don't even have a Div 1 team anymore), if you want to be in the NY/Philly area.

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni