Official DCI 2007 Show Announcement Topic

Thank you, Phantom Regiment, for bringing back The Firebird!! I love this piece, and for the past couple of years, I have been fantasizing and getting bummed out because PR was ever going to revisit this sparkling piece of music. Well, they are now, and I am ecstatic. I love the syncopation of the melody: bum, bum, bum, bum, ba-bum; bum, bum, bum bum, BA-bum. Set the baritones and contras in front and right on the 50 yard line and let them deliver that melody through PR's dark, rich, and powerful low brass sound -- spiked with a bit of edge. Yeah, baby!!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must not be seeing the announcement of the songs....i.e. Firebird??? :lol:

I'm curious about BK playing Shosty's 10th again...didn't they just do the 1st movement of that back in...98 was it? And Phantom did the same piece in 02...

Where was this announced? Their website just says "selections to be announced shortly."

it's on the first post of this thread. plus, some of the members who auditioned have said on facebook that Firebird was rehearsed. this is, of course, unsubstantiated and unqualified by PR's official pr crew.

Edited by chaos001

I was kinda dissapointed that at the Cavalier audition, we didn't get to find out what the show is this year, now I have to wait till they announce it, and wait till January to get an excpert of music for it.