Marching different areas of corps, for those who have marched more tha

For people who may have more than one section of corps, percussion, hornline, guard, or dm, which did you find to be the most difficult, and the most fun to march?

huh?

I've got a good friend who marched Bluecoats from 83-88 and he marched snare, colorguard and played soprano. Talk about high expectations! :)

I've got a good friend who marched Bluecoats from 83-88 and he marched snare, colorguard and played soprano. Talk about high expectations! :)

Are you counting the end of the '88 show for the "played soprano" part? :huh: :P

I new a guy with the Crossmen who played bass for three years, then did a year in the pit followed by a year on Mellophone. I don't know which he found most difficult, but he was a talented guy and pulled off all three without problems. Another member spent 3 years on cymbals, four on tenors and aged out on snare.

On of my bass line guys (after a few seasons on cymbals) at Jersey Surf went to The Cadets, after he didn't make the drumline he picked up a Contra for the first time in winter and made the line. After a few seasons with The Cadets he aged out as a horn captain/sergent with them. Just goes to show that heart overcomes any obsticle.

Are you counting the end of the '88 show for the "played soprano" part? :huh: :P

Hahaha! Yeah. You must know him. :)

Hard to say. I started out on sop when I was a kid, but my orthrodontist killed my "Maynard Ferguson" carreer by fitting me with braces. Don't EVER try to play a horn with braces. Your lips will bleed on both sides and the oral pain is excruciating. We had an all-female guard so that wasn't an option. That's when I knew that I had to learn how to drum....FAST! Yeah, it was hard, but I knew that all of the other kids in the corps were working just as hard at what they were doing, and that's what motivated me. I was no I&E champ, but I had a wonderful time. :)

I've done Hornline and Guard.

Hornline was by far the most physically tiring (especially in the beginning of the season) because of the breathing factor.

Legs Burning, Arms Burning, Diaphragm in Pain, Out of breath

(it's just an out of the world feeling, a good kinda pain)

I guess it makes sense (for me at least). The hornline gets judged in my most categories

Visual GE (the judge mostly looks at the hornline drill)

Music GE (hornline and percussion)

Visual Performance (mostly all concentrated on hornline feet)

Visual Ensemble (a lot of hornline concentrations since they have the primary drill)

Color Guard (no...)

Brass (concentrated on the hornline sound from the field)

Music Ensemble (concentrated on the hornline sound from the box)

Percussion #1 (Percussion from the field no...)

Percussion #2 (Percussion from the box no...)

Edited by ApocalypseTissue