ECJ?

Unless It's posted by DCP, DCW or even DCI I would not believe anything anyone posts, UNLESS they have a Real name and a established DCP account.

Like Kevin Gamin?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless It's posted by DCP, DCW or even DCI I would not believe anything anyone posts, UNLESS they have a Real name and a established DCP account.

I posted the e-mail body I received from ECJ. I am the Managing Editor of Drum Corps Planet and the e-mail was received at DCP's press@dcpnews.com account.

If you'd like, I will contact the corps themselves and verify the contents of the e-mail.

Personally, I think if there was enough doubt that the decision was made to fold the corps in the first place, it would be a very wise decision to take at least this year off anyway. A tour from Malden, MA to Pasadena is very far and very expensive. If the corps has had problems with money in the past, it should not be assumed that it is just going to magically get better. Let the corps go out as the success that it was. Don't make the same mistakes that too many other corps have recently. They are just going to end up with a bunch of kids mid-season, if they even get that far, with nowhere else to march.

Alright, so......

the members of ECJ received notice saying that the corps was not fielding, after this we received the same letter from Tom that you have all seen her in this thread. Is that enough verification? as of right now, the intention is that ECJ is going to field a drum corps next year. I wish the corps all the luck in the world, unfortunately I can't march.

OK - because I spoke to an ECJ member just last night and he told me about the email saying the corps was not going to field. I didn't want to say anything on DCP until a marching member brought it up.

So - my daughter was talking about marching Jazz next year but as a parent I'm confused and concerned. How can management tell the members they are folding one day and literally the next day say the corps is active for 07? I mean if it's true that they are on the field great - I hate to see a corps fold, but is there confusion at management level about this?

I'm not being hard on the corps, at least I'm not trying to be. I spent an evening at an ECJ practice in '05 and they are great and friendly folks. I wish them nothing but good luck and success. I'm just confused how the message could change so drasticaly in one day.

With respect.

Jim

i wish them luck in 07', ill be looking out for ya

Agreed. I hope this clears up and I'll be perfectly happy to see my daughter march there. A friend of hers that marched Jazz this year came back with plenty of good stories and praise for the corps. Like others on this thread, I'm just a little confused right now.

Cheers

Jim

Closed until information from the corps is seen, or heard.