Cavaliers music themes

I was bored the other day so I tried an experiment. Everytime I listen to 2006 Cavaliers I can't help but think I have heard some of those musical themes in previous Cavalier shows. I have also heard other people mention that on this board. So I took some of my recordings and cut parts out from this years show and previous shows. Some themes, when played back to back, sound like they could be from the same show. Next I decided to put these themes on top of each other just to see what it sounded like. I expected to hear a jumbled mess but instead.... I couldn't even tell that two different shows were playing. Interesting. I don't know how to put audio files on here. If you would like to hear these files, I'm open to suggestions on how to put them on here.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what you mean, i can't remember when but there is a certain part that sounds like i think frameworks, isn't the end of the closer the Terminator 2 theme song?

i know what you mean, i can't remember when but there is a certain part that sounds like i think frameworks, isn't the end of the closer the Terminator 2 theme song?

It's close to Terminator, not exactly; I think there may be a few extra notes, but it's real close.

I was bored the other day so I tried an experiment. Everytime I listen to 2006 Cavaliers I can't help but think I have heard some of those musical themes in previous Cavalier shows. I have also heard other people mention that on this board. So I took some of my recordings and cut parts out from this years show and previous shows. Some themes, when played back to back, sound like they could be from the same show. Next I decided to put these themes on top of each other just to see what it sounded like. I expected to hear a jumbled mess but instead.... I couldn't even tell that two different shows were playing. Interesting. I don't know how to put audio files on here. If you would like to hear these files, I'm open to suggestions on how to put them on here.

Well, to be honest, it's mostly Saucedo. A lot of stuff he writes can sound pretty similar...

As far as some of the chord progression similarities in the ballads from 04 and 06 go (minor i going to neopolitan II for the big brass hold moment), it's really not much of a secret.

The octatonic (i think that's the term?) scale is also used in a part of Spin Cycle, and then a similar motif based on the same scale appears in the 06 closer.

this years end of the ballad is the same pit parts as 007

Spin Cycle parts are in the closer baritone parts from this year

just to name a few prominent examples

The octatonic (i think that's the term?) scale is also used in a part of Spin Cycle, and then a similar motif based on the same scale appears in the 06 closer.

I think you mean the Whole Tone Scale, and only half of it at that. But yeah, I also remember hearing a portion that was extremely similar to the opening theme from spin cycle.

i can't remember when but there is a certain part that sounds like i think frameworks,

Yup, I know what you are talking about, it is the 3/4 section, in frameworks, where leads walk down and basses walk up in notes. they shift a parrallelogram, and do a ripple/kneel effect. that is the same notes as the follow the leader at the end of the opener for 06

this years end of the ballad is the same pit parts as 007

Spin Cycle parts are in the closer baritone parts from this year

just to name a few prominent examples

The pit arrangers are different.

And the baritone parts, like I stated earlier, aren't the same, they're based on the same scale (octatonic, not whole tone or lydian) and pretty similar.

And it's not from Spin Cycle's opener, it's from the jazz section.

Edited by jake_the_hydra