Out of the Top 3 who had the easiest hornbook.

Out of the Top 3 who had the easiest hornbook.  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the Top 3 who had the easiest hornbook.

• Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils

...because it's true

no, it's not...

I hate to break it to you little buddy, but there are a lot of people out there with more musical experience than you who can have opinions on pieces performed this summer without having marched before...

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...because it's true

Not that I agree with the poll, but no, it's not true. The fact that I've never marched doesn't mean that my, or anybody else's opinion, holds any more or less merit than yours simply because you happened to march. With regard to this particular question, anyway.

Exactly, Lance. There are tons of musicians who are proffessional that have not marched, yet have a "higher" merit, in my mind, since they have the schooling and obviously the repetoire.

no, it's not...

I hate to break it to you little buddy, but there are a lot of people out there with more musical experience than you who can have opinions on pieces performed this summer without having marched before...

How about them Dodgers eh?

Edited by xXDSFLXx

They make it sound easy... but then ALL the top corps make it sound and look easy.

I think the hardest part of their style, is making everything match. Attack, sound, everything has to match, that was for me rather different, and making it different was a little hard.

I started to post something, then realized that P & P doesn't deserve the attention he is getting. There IS a difference between starting a legitimate conversation and starting up a thread to just "stir things up". It is apparent that this is a case of the later.

You started to post something, then you realized P&P doesn't deserve the attention he is getting, so you posted anyway?

If he really started this thread just to stir things up then you are still giving him the reaction he wants

I still want to learn how to pontificate Cavaliers hornline.

Someone please tell me.

It would make my day.

pontificate - to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way

and just in case

dogmatic - characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts