Member corps

...after everything is all "said and done", the most important thing that remains is...

THIS!!! :) :ph34r: b**bs

Im gonna go out on a limb .. and agree.. this is whats important, and anyone intrested in promoting the growth of DCA, especially int eh midwest, should take a look.

thank you bill.. for making it so clear!! :worthy::worthy::huh:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a few shows out west... a DCA renegades home show...

and we all have to travel there for it..

i mean fair is fair...

to my friends out west... see i can show the love:), well that and i think it would be a blast to get the kilties out there.

The Erie show never materialized due to a lack of a full slate of participating Drum Corps. As a result, the Kilties never received the "Handsome Offer" or any of the other perks/enticements that you so wrongly refer to. Before you begin refering to comments being "Subjective" and based on "Gobbledygook" you might want to get your facts straight.

Referencing one-off occassions in which additional payments are extended to select Drum Corps does not come close to meeting the requirement that was mentioned in previous posts about defering the travel costs of any Drum Corps (I.E. Plural Possibly) to the tune of $5,000.

Next question or clarification please.

Do you mean this Erie show?

Erie PA DCA

Saturday July 16, 2005

Position Corps Score

1 Empire Statesmen 84.050

2 Syracuse Brigadiers 82.325

3 Rochester Crusaders 72.750

4 Kingston Grenadiers 71.213

5 Skyliners 70.500

6 White Sabers 64.888

7 Mon Valley Express 49.050

That was probably an 8 hour drive from NYC. I didn't go, but I heard it went on after the rain. I vaguely remember some of the posts on DCP of the corps that partied that night after the show; mostly from the Skyliners, Crusaders and the Thunderbirds. Wish I could have made that one. It sounded like a lot of fun.

Erie PA DCA

Saturday July 16, 2005

Position Corps Score

5 Skyliners 70.500

6 White Sabers 64.888

That was probably an 8 hour drive from NYC. I didn't go, but I heard it went on after the rain. I vaguely remember some of the posts on DCP of the corps that partied that night after the show; mostly from the Skyliners, Crusaders and the Thunderbirds. Wish I could have made that one. It sounded like a lot of fun.

The Kilties actually committed to the Erie show and were ready to go, but that year (2004) if I recall, the show didn't materialize, or came together late, and we had to take another "gig" to confirm the season. But I do think (that year) the show was not held? I know The Kilties were disappointed in not appearing. If I recall there was not a full slate of corps at the time we needed to confirm by

For me its time for us to stop looking at the past. We all know what it is needed to further develop DCA as a national product. Its just a matter of time for it to happen and playing the game. Its all on how you play the game.

Now I have some flyers to put up for our membership rally.

Virtual Membership Rally Flyer

Hi Gary,

If I am correct, The Kilties actually committed to the Erie show and were ready to go, but that year (2004) if I recall, the show didn't materialize, or came together late, and we had to take another "gig" to confirm the season. But I do think (that year) the show was not held? I know The Kilties were disappointed in not appearing. If I recall there was not a full slate of corps at the time we needed to confirm by....or the show did not run, or something to that affect.

Bill

PS This is the best of my recollection.

Either way,............ my point stands,............

Erie PA DCA

Saturday July 16, 2005

Position Corps Score

5 Skyliners 70.500

6 White Sabers 64.888

i think he was talking '04 ( thats the last time i remember us talking about heading to erie.)

The Erie show never materialized due to a lack of a full slate of participating Drum Corps. As a result, the Kilties never received the "Handsome Offer" or any of the other perks/enticements that you so wrongly refer to. Before you begin refering to comments being "Subjective" and based on "Gobbledygook" you might want to get your facts straight.

Referencing one-off occassions in which additional payments are extended to select Drum Corps does not come close to meeting the requirement that was mentioned in previous posts about defering the travel costs of any Drum Corps (I.E. Plural Possibly) to the tune of $5,000.

Next question or clarification please.

Get my facts straight?,...................where do you get yours?,................I was THE person doing the negotiating of contracts for that, and every other show and corps that has happened in Erie in recent years,.......................Are you actually saying I never made the offer to Kilties as stated above?,.....................again thickasabrowniebrick, you are dead wrong,..............

Get my facts straight?,...................where do you get yours?,................I was THE person doing the negotiating of contracts for that, and every other show and corps that has happened in Erie in recent years,.......................Are you actually saying I never made the offer to Kilties as stated above?,.....................again thickasabrowniebrick, you are dead wrong,..............

Then please enlighten the DCP viewer's about what happened to the Erie show in 2004. Like a deck of cards it folded up for that year. Shows that have negotiation skills like Erie in 2004 don't have much of a leg to stand on. You mentioned it to start now explain why you feel that paying extensively higher fees to competing corps is a good practice. Other than Erie, DCM's Championship, and the Carolina Gold shows there have been few and far between occurrences of any other shows that pay excessive payments to DCA Drum Corps for their participation.

Again, if Non-Northeast Drum Corps are financially expected to foot the bill for their travel related costs to DCA Championships and regular season DCA shows then it is little to ask for any of the Northeast Drum Corps to periodically travel out of their region to atleast support the activity as a whole. The Cabs 2007 planned European tour begs the question of why even a limited single engagement show outside of the Northeast is met with such disdain by any of the DCA Northeast Drum Corps. Maybe DCA has expanionistic plans for Europe in the not to distant future. If not, then maybe a visit out of region by the Northeast Drum Corps will occur with proper qualified negitiation skills by the DCA powers that be.

I would also like to mention that I do support the Cabs in whatever show or tours they select to participate in (I.E. Europe). The fundamental right of choice has been and will continue to be very important to the diversity of growth that DCA has seen occur in the past, present, and future. I just feel that the same nuturing and consideration needs to be reciprocal in nature for all parties involved.

Edited by Browniebrick