Top 2006 Brass Moments

I'm going to mention something that's not been mentioned before...I only got to see the top 6 DI corps at quarterfinals, and I'd seen Phantom, the Cadets, Crossmen, and Boston Crusaders once before that...but I loved Cavies and I've watched the ESPN2 broadcast a couple times...and the one part in their closer where their trumpets are all together in the center of the rest of the hornline, which is swinging around them, that's a really cool brass moment. Their trumpets have a lick, and after a couple measures their leads play it up the octave, then they all have a lick and then a hit. The other part I really liked was in their ballad they had a couple really huge chords. Now I don't know anything about brass but those really stuck out to me.

I also LOVED every single second of Phantom's brass!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PR brass... simply orgasmic

and Cavaliers' sweet intonation :ph34r:

I'm gonna put in my own ballad. Biased yes. I thought it was amazing, and the release rang in Camp Randall like nothing I've ever been a part of before.

Yes. Your ballad turned into something truly memorable. At the beginning of the year, it almost seemed like filler, a transition movement, except for the mello soloist. By the end, it seemed your guard really played musical muses. When the mello soloist saluted the audience with his horn in the Finals, the ensemble sound was so full it was pure magic. Your hornline had matured and blended was literally "heroic." The air under the lower deck "rang" with vibration.

Also,

I'm going to have to agree with the Phantom Regiment "every note" statement.

Their entire performance was seamless ...the hornline was breathtaking from beginning to end ... the most musical drum corps show I have ever witnessed.

And,

Yes, to Crown's "spooky" moment.

And,

I'd like to add ...

somewhere in the middle Bluecoat's ballad at finals the hornline grabbed me and held. It was the moment when the hornline took the melody and opened up. It soared. It had me holding my breath and I was misty eyed at the end.

Edited by oldguard