Kavaliers movin' to Miami, Florida...

bawker

Kavaliers moved out of Kitchener 4 or 5 years ago !!! :blush:

Actually was hoping they'd have moved to Buffalo area. That area is in need of a corps since there aren't any competing junior corps in upstate NY.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Teal is fine and have a feeling they might even do a recruiting camp in south fla area at some point.

Randy is a family based guy that has deep drum corps roots. Randy is a stand up guy that i support.

I hope the corps can provide for the students what they say they will . Magic, Kawanis, or Teal.

I wish you all good luck.

Why it won't work?

Florida Wave, Florida Vanguard, etc.

I hope Teal Sound stays the course and doesn't get dragged into this mess.

Not sure what you mean, but I think I resemble that remark.

I agree that using "Florida" instead of "Miami" isn't the best idea, but the alumni who restarted the Vanguards(named for the rocket, not a movement) no longer lived in Miami. The percusion website has a Dade County address. Hopefully, they won't get precise and be from Sweetwater.

Under the Wave name, the corps managed a very competitive 13th in D1 and hung around in Semis for a few years. Not bad. While the Ted Baxter years weren't exactly a thing of beauty, the revival under Jo Wessman and Jeff Bridges was a very entertaining package.

Jacksonville is almost 400 miles from Miami and has always had its own drum corps identity. I enjoyed finally seeing Teal in Madison and wish them the best.

Not sure what you mean, but I think I resemble that remark.

I agree that using "Florida" instead of "Miami" isn't the best idea, but the alumni who restarted the Vanguards(named for the rocket, not a movement) no longer lived in Miami. The percusion website has a Dade County address. Hopefully, they won't get precise and be from Sweetwater.

Wanna know something odd? I live in Sweetwater. :) Right in front of FIU, along the canal.

And, for now, Kiwanis Kavaliers aren't changing their identity. There are a WHOLE lot more important changes going on within the Corps. It'll take them a couple of years to finally settle down and sail the steady seas as it were.

So, be patient.

And no, KK and Teal Sound have nothing to do with eachother right now.

Wanna know something odd? I live in Sweetwater. :) Right in front of FIU, along the canal.

And, for now, Kiwanis Kavaliers aren't changing their identity. There are a WHOLE lot more important changes going on within the Corps. It'll take them a couple of years to finally settle down and sail the steady seas as it were.

So, be patient.

And no, KK and Teal Sound have nothing to do with eachother right now.

I graduated from FIU (after going to FSU) and in those days Sweetwater was sort of the campus joke. I'm sure it's grown significantly since 1975. I hope the little C&W bar is still there B)

I spent a few years in Canada too, so I'm pulling for KK to make it regardless of the name.

Edited by MiamiSun76

I graduated from FIU (after going to FSU) and in those days Sweetwater was sort of the campus joke. I'm sure it's grown significantly since 1975. I hope the little C&W bar is still there B)

I spent a few years in Canada too, so I'm pulling for KK to make it regardless of the name.

Actually, Sweetwater is still a joke. It's a full-on Ghetto now. Poverty rate keeps going higher and higher. There have been efforts to "renovate" it, including putting little "exercise" bars and benches along the canal, and painting the bridges with "WELCOME TO SWEETWATER" in blue.

It hasn't helped the image, though.

As for the C&W . . . It was bought by someone else a few years back. They named it "Mickey's Bar" and now it's the "Ohio Sports Bar"

yes in Ft. myers i believe

No big change for Florida, they have been in Fort Myers for years. In fact last time I saw their equipment truck it said they were from somewhere in Canada and Ft. Myers, Florida.

Miami might work for them as there have been Corps from there over the years.

i was gonna say, lol, i was pretty sure those signs said sweetwater when i'm driving to your house :P

and personally, i think this move will be good for them. there's a lot of talent in the miami area that can't always travel super far for camps (or even medium far). when i heard the rumors a few months ago the first thing i thought was "good"