Ideas for a Blue Devils show

JamMan

Seriously, I would love to see them play "Goodbye Yesterday" (from the 88 show) again.

That song ROCKS! And the crowd screamed it's collective head off after it all season long.

Since the 1980's, I have thought that BD should play "Jeannine" by the Turtle Island String Quartet. It's on their album "Metropolis." This is classic, undiscovered early Devils, and would make a terrific opener. Check the sample out on Amazon!

I think it would be incredible to bring back one of BD's older uniforms (pre 1994) and hear them play jazz again! The theme shows are great, but not really necessary if the tunes hang well together.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

Go turn on Everything in it's Right Place, come back and explain how on earth the DM would direct that.

I've sat down and tried to figure out the time signature and just regular counts so I could do a dance to it.

The word hemiola comes to mind. It could be arranged for brass if you watered down and changed parts around

to simplify the timeSig, but you also have to think about how the guard can spin to it....etc....etc.....

The other songs I can't remember off the top of my head, but that one would be hard.....

And it can be rather stale and repititive.....a waste of a perfectly great hornline.

How about a Jim Ott Redux? See where Wayne got his inspiration. Real melodies instead of slice-n-dice. Big fat chords.

Garry

I agree........they are WAAAYYYY over due to play something jazzy. Experimenting is over........get back and jazz it up. I would love to hear them play straight out jazz and feature about 10 solos, duets, quartets......

Triple Forte

:laugh::huh::laugh::blink::huh::blink::huh:

. . . especially the part about "Experimenting is over." The last two years is enough. Get back to being the Blue Devils. . . PLEASE!!

Edited by HISop