Navy D&B video

Jeff - many thanks for linking the video - as a former USNA snare and D&B CDR in 76-77 things have really changed - but what's important for the DCP'ers to understand is that there is so little time to put a show together, so many other demands on the midshipmen's time, and when (and if!) they graduate, they'll be out driving ships, submarines, airplanes, being SEALS or Marines, and when you think of it, it's amazing that these mids can find the time to even put a show like this together!

Great job, Jeff!

really good job guys!! I know time is limited / and a lot of the members aren't really what you would call "musicians" when they show up at that first practice

Its amazing what you guys achieve / entertaining and the members are really challenged...

I love it.

Except I miss the beers from last year :(

OH MY GOSH... ^OO^

That is NOT what I expected to see! I am stunned. I could care less about the rough edges. In July the Scouts alumni corps did a performance at

a band show in Sun Prairie (several DCPer's were there.) It wasn't a mess, but it was rough: phasing... dropped stick in the snareline... horn players

afterwards talking about "blowing clams" b**bs ... missed sets and bad step off's... my personal performance was crappy, at best. BUT, we only needed

one month more to get to where we got.

This performance by the Navy D&B corps is AMAZING!! That drill is so complex for the amount of time they have to devote to their show!! Great sets!!

Terrific movement and challenging parts!! NICE JOB!!! Too bad it was THE competition, because you can really see that with one or two more weeks

they would be incredible!! That is an ambitious, aggressive show that challenges even the skilled player. You have to look past the obvious to appreciate

the potential, especially given the time constraints of being a midshipman at the same time as being a member of this corps.

Wow...I would like to see them all now, somehow. Anyone know if there is a link to all the performances or know of a DVD available?

If this is where drum and bugle corps in the services of our country are heading, I am very encouraged about the potential of these great corps!

WOW... :blink::blink::worthy:

Geno - great insight, man!

These mids really don't have much time to put a drill together or practice or even execute at the level of DCI - they've got so much on their plates and it's a miracle they can even put a show together!

Kudos to Jeff Weir for taking these magnificent peeps and putting a drum corps together!

And, as always, beating Army and Air Force!

b**bs

Ooh yay! I'm glad that was posted! I'm in UConn's marching band and only got the opportunity to see the show from the sideline when you guys came up to Storrs a week or so ago. Great job!

These mids really don't have much time to put a drill together or practice or even execute at the level of DCI - they've got so much on their plates and it's a miracle they can even put a show together!

I agree 100 percent..... same goes for the Air Force and Coast Guard corps. The product all three of those corps put on the field is absolutely terrific, given the time constraints they have.

Fran