Cavaliers: on the field

So, the first time during the 2006 season that I saw the Cavaliers was in Denver, which was also the only time that I saw them use this awesome way of entering the field. They started in a block, and just marched down the field while chanting, and occaisionally stopping and doing this 'robot movement.' It was incredible to watch (and listen to), but for some reason, I never saw them use it again. Did anyone see that and wonder, along with me, why they got rid of it? Or better yet, does anyone know for sure? It was amazingly effective, and took about as much time as merely walking on to the field. What's the deal?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the first time during the 2006 season that I saw the Cavaliers was in Denver, which was also the only time that I saw them use this awesome way of entering the field. They started in a block, and just marched down the field while chanting, and occaisionally stopping and doing this 'robot movement.' It was incredible to watch (and listen to), but for some reason, I never saw them use it again. Did anyone see that and wonder, along with me, why they got rid of it? Or better yet, does anyone know for sure? It was amazingly effective, and took about as much time as merely walking on to the field. What's the deal?

Unless I'm thinking of something different, they did keep it. They did it on the ESPN broadcast of Finals, at least right after leaving the tunnel...

But regardless, it was very awesome. Also liked the warm-up chorale they did when Crocker was announcing them. Shame they cut it out of the APDs.

I saw them on both quarters (maybe semis) and finals, and if they did do it, it wasn't quite the same. If I remember right, it was more like 2 (or 4?) lines in a block, but no robotic pause part. The one I'm talking about was like a 8X8 hornline block with the drums in there too, and surrounded by most of the colorguard (the rest of the colorguard was setting the field). It marched along the hash, and then each person peeled off when they got to the right spot, but still did the movement in time. It wasn't like it was in Denver...unless I'm just having some really bad memory issues.

I would have liked to have seen that.

They did it in San An too

I saw them on both quarters (maybe semis) and finals, and if they did do it, it wasn't quite the same. If I remember right, it was more like 2 (or 4?) lines in a block, but no robotic pause part. The one I'm talking about was like a 8X8 hornline block with the drums in there too, and surrounded by most of the colorguard (the rest of the colorguard was setting the field). It marched along the hash, and then each person peeled off when they got to the right spot, but still did the movement in time. It wasn't like it was in Denver...unless I'm just having some really bad memory issues.

I'm pretty sure I saw them do that at Finals, but I could be terribly wrong.

Saw them do it at the Bloomington/Normal event, of course that was June....