2007 SCV ="!"

Very cool! See you there! I'll be in the trumpet line.

ditto, except I play contra!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, show concepts over two years in advance? Has anyone else ever done this? They're really putting their necks out there, because now they have to deliver on everyone else's built up hopes for them. Good luck to SCV in the next three years! I mean 3hree years!

At least one top BOA band did it first.

It is now the norm for concepts to be "test-driven" in the fall.

Yeah, count me in with the crowd that thought SCV's La Mer show was a great show. I like it a lot, though I do like the more modern direction they went in subsequent years.

Remember, 1996 was the first year that the complete design team responsible for 1997-2004 worked together at SCV. You can see a lot of the future of SCV in La Mer.

EDIT: Changed 2006 to 1996. Thanks for the catch, Maedhros.

Hmm...I hate to temper the excitement...but I just have to wonder...why?

Since they clearly stated that each of the 3 shows are completely different from each other, and they don't seem to have a unifying idea or theme (at least from what we can tell at this point), what is the purpose of announcing the other 2 shows already?

Also, with names like "!", "3hree" and "clue" the shows could contain any music, any drill, any concept, any, any, any ...

So, again, what's the point? They're not tied into anything but the names.

I think Crossmen's trilogy was much more daring in that they had to try to reinvent and refresh the same "children of the world" theme three years in a row.

Also, with names like "!", "3hree" and "clue" the shows could contain any music, any drill, any concept, any, any, any ...

So, again, what's the point? They're not tied into anything but the names.

I think Crossmen's trilogy was much more daring in that they had to try to reinvent and refresh the same "children of the world" theme three years in a row.

Just because they've only announced the names does not mean they don't have anything else planned for those shows.

Why worry about it? They'll tell us more about those shows when the time comes. Right now, the focus is on 2007. It's not like other corps don't plan future shows early like this. SCV just chose to announce the show titles now.