The Future of Corps Uniforms

Somebody hide this thread from Hoppy!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will predict that you will see this used in WGI within the next five years.

In reality, I think that the patterns would be too small to really notice from the stands.

In my dreams, I think it'd be fun if a corps tried to spell something out (their show title, for example) in a big company front or something. Not necessarily because I'd like the effect, but because it'd be fun to look for words that were uninentionally made in the drill during the rest of the show. It could be like a game you play with the person next to you. FCC-banned words count double.

These shirts won't matter at all, you won't be able to see anything special with them under stadium lights.

Off topic, my girlfriend's old marching band used to do a light show once a year, where they'd turn off the stadium lights, put glow sticks on their instruments and in clear flag poles/on flags, and attached flashlights to their feet. They performed their whole halftime show after the preceding football game. These shirts really made me think about that, and how cool THAT would be.

On-topic, the stadium lights were the first rational thing I thought of, although Hoppy might find a way to get the stadium lights turned off for GE purposes. *rolls eyes*

Edited by Kyle

Off topic, my girlfriend's old marching band used to do a light show once a year, where they'd turn off the stadium lights, put glow sticks on their instruments and in clear flag poles/on flags, and attached flashlights to their feet. They performed their whole halftime show after the preceding football game. These shirts really made me think about that, and how cool THAT would be.

that sounds really awesome! got any pictures????

I'm imagining the 2003 PR Canon hit, only this time with unis that burst into color...

I'm not really sure if it would be awesome or just gaudy....

I believe it would be gaudy, because I would be paying attention to the stupid uniforms changing colors rather than the gaurd or the music.

Edited by Storm451