The Future of Corps Uniforms

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general consensus seems to be that you wouldn't even notice the effect from the stands, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't design an entire unifrom that lights up or a jacket instead of just a small pattern. That's more of what I'm thinking...

You know, this actually might be really cool on the guard, instead of on the hornline/drumline. They could change flag color and uni color....

And how would it be more distracting than watching, say, a Cavaliers show where there's about a bazillion things going on at any one time?

Much cheaper solution: Paint your bellies with letters/graphics and just pull your uni top up to expose the.....MAJOR GE!

that sounds really awesome! got any pictures????

Unfortunately, I only witnessed it once, and I have no pictures to show for it, haha. It was very cool, though.

I hadn't even thought about using these on flags, rather than uniforms.

What about color guard equipment like this?

Off topic, my girlfriend's old marching band used to do a light show once a year, where they'd turn off the stadium lights, put glow sticks on their instruments and in clear flag poles/on flags, and attached flashlights to their feet. They performed their whole halftime show after the preceding football game. These shirts really made me think about that, and how cool THAT would be.

On-topic, the stadium lights were the first rational thing I thought of, although Hoppy might find a way to get the stadium lights turned off for GE purposes. *rolls eyes*

My HS marching band does that too, I was never a fan.

wow those designs were pretty gay though

nahh... it won't be the lighted shirts or stuff like that. It'll be be the introduction of the marching MP3 line...

computertravels.jpg

:P