Carolina Crown Announces Additional Audtion Sites

Lets not forget, it's a ONE TIME camp to let kids from Texas try out locally to see if it behooves them to come to Charlotte for the rest of the camps.

Kids came from texas last year but it makes more sence for them to do the exploratory camp there. I think it's a great idea and am somewhat surprised by those who are offended. Last I looked at a map, Texas is a pretty BIG state. Comparing an audition in Texas as a whole to an audition in a city as was done earlier in this post is a bit of a stretch I think.

Isn't this better for Drum Corps in general to give more kids a chance to get involved? Just a thought

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well just to give you an fyi...texas is a huge state......but our population is very centralized near the east part of texas

well, I guess it depends on what you are concerned with...I am more concerned about youth having the opportunity than I am with losing talent and not winning

All corps need to get out of Texas: it belongs to the X-men now.

You might want to raise the max number of members a corps can have, because a lot more than 135 people from Texas marched last Summer. Crossmen by themselves cannot fill the need of everyone that wants to march from Texas.

i have to agrre with that tx tuba

im just concerrned that maybe the x men...and lets not forget revo too might get overlooked cause some kids get some real big eyes at the idea of bieng with the cavies or scv or crown.......and kind of disregard crossmen

The ignorant fellow does not know the history of drum corps in Texas obviously, from Lone Star, Legend of Texas, Revolution, and Trinity. All born from Texas, and at the moment (to the best of my knowledge) only two survive at this point. Perhaps the kids who tryout but can not afford the $2000 for Crossmen will look into the <$1000 D II/III corps of Trinity and Revo.