Anyone else notice...

I was very surprised that Bluecoats didn't get their full intro onto the CDs. Last year the Cadets received that treatment, with Brandt Crocker's voice recorded onto the track. I wish they'd done the same for the 'Coats.

I didn't know that, but that sucks. I love that intro!

Cavies too......that's too bad because it was actually my favorite part of their show. It seriously sucks about the Bluecoats thing, and its very strange that they would cut off a decent amount of music (and time when drill was being performed). It wasn't even an onfield warmup, it was the pre-modulation of the theme that came back at the very end of the show. Pretty lame.

I can understand the Cavies thing, because while it was cool as heck, it was still essentialy a warm-up. For the Bluecoats, it was clearly part of their show, with written drill. The even credited the source of the music that they used, specifically for that section. I'm hoping it ends up on the DVDs.

I can understand the Cavies thing, because while it was cool as heck, it was still essentialy a warm-up. For the Bluecoats, it was clearly part of their show, with written drill. The even credited the source of the music that they used, specifically for that section. I'm hoping it ends up on the DVDs.

I'm sure it won't be a problem on there, since they have the DM introductions and all. Still unfortunate about the CD though. The first time I heard the Cavies warmup thing that was going on before their show, I was completely blown away by it.

OK... this is a stupid question and obviously I'm like the last person on earth and mars to not know/understand this, but uhhhh....

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of acknowledgement from a corps to the person allowing the corps into competition that they are

ready to go?

I understand it's kind of an unnecessary tradition that pretty much is just done as pomp and circumstance and kind of ritualistic (same thing I guess)

that has filtered down from paleolithic days when I marched... but just what is the "rule" (if any anymore) about that?

Because I guarantee that every year the announcer is going to say "Bluecoats Drum Major Liz Lewis (or umm, whatever), is your corps ready to take the field?"

and every year there will be some screw up at the beginning of the recording...

edit: didn't want that hot DM from Bloo to think I was somehow referencing her with my little (very) humor... :P

Edited by GGarrett

OK... this is a stupid question and obviously I'm like the last person on earth and mars to not know/understand this, but uhhhh....

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of acknowledgement from a corps to the person allowing the corps into competition that they are

ready to go?

I understand it's kind of an unnecessary tradition that pretty much is just done as pomp and circumstance and kind of ritualistic (same thing I guess)

that has filtered down from paleolithic days when I marched... but just what is the "rule" (if any anymore) about that?

Because I guarantee that every year the announcer is going to say "Bluecoats Drum Major Hugh Jass (or umm, whatever), is your corps ready to take the field?"

There is such an acknowledgement and every corps did it last year.

Some junior and all-age corps have started to use "running starts" where, instead of a straight warm-up, the corps uses the warm-up to lead into the show. Usually, the acknowledgement by the DM occurs during the running start, although Empire Statesmen would do so, THEN start the "moving warm-up" which led into the show intro (2001).

ready to go?

Because I guarantee that every year the announcer is going to say "Bluecoats Drum Major Hugh Jass (or umm, whatever), is your corps ready to take the field?"

Joe Beitman and Liz Lewis.

(Liz Lewis is really hot, by the way.)

Joe Beitman and Liz Lewis.

(Liz Lewis is really hot, by the way.)

I saw her (them) on Saturday finals day practice... I was thinking how nice it must have been to have a drum major that looked like her. b**bs