164 members have voted

1. 1. COMPETIVE STATUS

• DCA CORPS 2007
    • Division I 2007
    • DIVISION II 2007
    • DIVISION III 2007
    • INACTIVE 2007
    • FOLD NOW

and Rochester had the Patriots and the Empire Cadets too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they better stay division 1...they're a very good competitive corps. not to long ago they were a finalist corps. in 04 they had a very entertaining and young corps. 05 had a great hornline and 06 was a very entertaining show. it would be a shame to see this florida corps leave a competitive division 1. I think they just need to do some serious (SERIOUS) fundraising and recruiting and try to build a program. even if they have to accept young members...they just need to retain those members. best of luck to the Magic!!!!

Edited by OFFtheTOPIC01

This is not an official poll by The Magic organization, but a change of tone based on other nasty threads about Magic.

IMO

DCA

Could The Magic field a 100 member corps for 2007 in DCA? Yes

Could they compete at the DCA level? Yes

This would help the money issue and members would still have The Magic.

Open Class

Limited Funds

Limited Members

Limited Talent

Division II

It's been done and by The Magic. Can't be repeated!

Division III

Won't fly.

Inactve

Would take a large effort to get members, volunteers, fans and DCI to back this corps again.

Fold

The list gets bigger!

Please remember, all caps is considered "yelling", not to mention it is very annoying to read something in all caps. I took it upon myself to "edit" this to make it easier for the viewers. Thank you!--edited by Matthew

I'm just trying to figure out the point of this poll? Is Magic having that much trouble or is someone just speculating?? :blink:

The Empire Statesmen and The Rochester Crusaders are from the same town.

Until Kiwanis moved this year, they were in the same town as Dutch Boy, technically

And Brigs are a hour down the road. Three very competative corps within an hour drive.

White Sabers also an hour down the road Steve

The Empire Statesmen and The Rochester Crusaders are from the same town.

Until Kiwanis moved this year, they were in the same town as Dutch Boy, technically

And Rochester also had Crusaders and Phoenix (Sr) for a few years in the mid 1970s.

Don't forget to add Rochester Patriots to the "more than one corps in same town" list.

I had to look it up, Jeff. Cool. Two corps in the same town.

When was the last time two groups shared a city, outside of YEA! and Mandarins/Freelancers?

Dream

Gold

Impulse

Mystikal

Pacific Crest

VK

Yamato

and soon Kingsmen

ALL within an hours drive.

And Rochester also had Crusaders and Phoenix (Sr) for a few years in the mid 1970s.

Don't forget to add Rochester Patriots to the "more than one corps in same town" list.

The Greater Toronto Area put two corps into finals in the same year. It can be done, at least it could be done in 1976.

I'm assuming you are relying on returning vets for DCA when you say they could compete all-age but not enough talent for DCI div 1? :blink:

Edited by kusankusho