ECJ Inactive

I think the best thing to come from ECJ's folding (if there is such a best thing) would be that members now are FORCED to march somewhere else. Perhaps some didn't want to audition for a DIV 1 because of their friends in the corps, or perhaps that they might not be "ready" for it. Now there is no choice...if they want to march, they have to go for it (just like members from Patriots 03). Its either Div 1, or join up with another 2/3 corps in the area (Citations, Crimson Knights, Targets, Spartans...ha). Best of luck to those finding a new home.

that's not necessarily a bad thing you know. drum corps is drum corps wherever you decide to call home.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best thing to come from ECJ's folding (if there is such a best thing) would be that members now are FORCED to march somewhere else. Perhaps some didn't want to audition for a DIV 1 because of their friends in the corps, or perhaps that they might not be "ready" for it. Now there is no choice...if they want to march, they have to go for it (just like members from Patriots 03). Its either Div 1, or join up with another 2/3 corps in the area (Citations, Crimson Knights, Targets, Spartans...ha). Best of luck to those finding a new home.

Many of us could have marched Division 1 corps, and now that ECJ has folded many of us will march Div 1 corps. But there was something special about the corps atmousphere that kept us around, and obviously something special enough to draw people to come march here. For instance, during my years at ECJ we had kids from the following corps....

Cadets, Spartans, Crossmen, Kiwanis, Magic of Orlando, Blue Devils, Boston Crusaders, Raiders, Yamato, Jersey Surf, Americanos, Targets, Citations, 7th Regiment, Joilet Kingsmen, Marion Glory, Dutch Boy, Spirit of Newark... and i know i'm missing a couple.

Anyways, my point is that this was a corps that people wanted to go to. Most of us didn't want to be forced to march somewhere else.

Didn't Canada march Allegiance Elite? And Bobby marched Racine Scouts as well as 'Canos.

But yeah, your post gets the point across.

Edited by TSRTS13

OK. Please re-read and note that I never said ECJ folding WAS a good thing. Nor did I say that members should have been marching somewhere else instead. To get at my point from a different angle, I'll say that if whether or not anyone was looking for something else in their drum corps experience yet felt TORN, the decision has now been made for them.

Some of you might hate it at first, but others may find out that years to come it might have been the best things that's happened to you. Now instead of 1 family, you have the opportunity to gain a 2nd. Marching somewhere else will not replace your memories and friends...you will just add new ones.

ps - I know the written word means different things to different folks, so I'd like to stress there is no attacking being done here unlike some other threads going on right now. And as a person trying to find the good in a situation, since I have failed I challenge someone else to come up with one.

I do hope they get their house in order and return as strong as ever. I have really enjoyed their performances over the years, and am sorry I will not be able to see them perform this year.

OK. Please re-read and note that I never said ECJ folding WAS a good thing. Nor did I say that members should have been marching somewhere else instead. To get at my point from a different angle, I'll say that if whether or not anyone was looking for something else in their drum corps experience yet felt TORN, the decision has now been made for them.

Some of you might hate it at first, but others may find out that years to come it might have been the best things that's happened to you. Now instead of 1 family, you have the opportunity to gain a 2nd. Marching somewhere else will not replace your memories and friends...you will just add new ones.

ps - I know the written word means different things to different folks, so I'd like to stress there is no attacking being done here unlike some other threads going on right now. And as a person trying to find the good in a situation, since I have failed I challenge someone else to come up with one.

I see your point and where you are coming from... and i can't beleive I left out John Gifford from Tarheel Sun/Carolina Gold.