Madison Scouts announce 2007 design team

Taras and Chad look no different than they did 20 years ago. Chad still looks

young and Taras still has the grey hair on the sides. :P

Taras was I think about 15 in his first year (my age out year) He weighed about 110 pounds I think! Course I weighed a lot less too!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the Colts should be extatic with Scouts new design team!

Nice. Who are you by the way?

A fan of drum corps who thought your design team for the last few years did a great job.

Fair enough - but what makes you assume that the new staff

won't be as good or better?

Maybe I am stupid, well, yes, yes I am, but what does this mean?

you spelled "ecstatic" wrong, genius... but that's OK buttkick.gif

Edited by GGarrett

you spelled "ecstatic" wrong, genius... but that's OK buttkick.gif

It is amazing that i get labelled as a troll while the people on here have belittled the staff that brought the corps from out of finals to the success thay have experienced. It appears for the most part they have returned to pre success levels with in the staff. Was Scott Stewart not available?

Also i am suprised people have not complained about comments like true allumni. I would bet Boerma, Weymeyer, Salas would be very suprised that they were not true allumni. I guess they thought out side the box and have been shunned.

I have enjoyed the Scouts for many years but I think some mistakes have been made with the elimination of people who were advancing you. I guess we will know in August...maybe in June.

Edited by Drillwatcher

It is amazing that i get labelled as a troll while the people on here have belittled the staff that brought the corps from out of finals to the success thay have experienced. It appears for the most part they have returned to pre success levels with in the staff. Was Scott Stewart not available?

Also i am suprised people have not complained about comments like true allumni. I would bet Boerma, Weymeyer, Salas would be very suprised that they were not true allumni. I guess they thought out side the box and have been shunned.

I have enjoyed the Scouts for many years but I think some mistakes have been made with the elimination of people who were advancing you. I guess we will know in August...maybe in June.

Success is very subjective.

I've never heard of anybody questioning Boerma, Scruggs, Putnam, Travis, Doss, Sal or any other alumni staff member's allegiance to the Madison Scouts. I don't know of any alumni that want the Madison Scouts to fail either. I do know that placing high doesn't necessarily mean that you've been successful, though it is quite helpful.

I'm glad that you liked Madison's shows the last few years. I absolutely loved their 2005 show. Just because they are hiring some new people that have marched or worked for the Scouts before doesn't mean that they aren't going to think outside the box. All of the people that they've hired have worked with countless other corps, bands, guards, and drumlines. They take pride in the Madison Scouts and want to give the members a chance to have what what they got as members. There will be people that never marched Madison. There will be people that marched some amazing shows with Madison. Having pride in the corps that you teach has an amazing affect on the members. I can't imagine that they are going to perform "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream Part Tres". The board of directors doesn't change things to regress, they change things to find success.

Not that it matters much, but Waymire isn't an alumni.

Edited by Jonny