Madison Scouts announce 2007 design team

This is pure speculation. Who is your source on this nugget of wisdom. Is "they" referring to everybody on staff, or a couple of people on staff. I would guess that a few people left because of Sal. I would guess that some were looking for a reason to move on with their life. I would imagine that some decided to leave before Sal. I would also guess that a few of the staff members want to, and will stay with Madison.

Protest? Please. Once you know, factually, the reason that Sal isn't returning, and once I see how many of the staff apply to come back, I'll be more comfortable with you putting words in the entire staff's mouths.

actually, it isnt. its the directors job to hire the staff each year, no?

there was a letter from staff members circulating around DCP which pretty much said why they werent returning, you're welcome to search for it but i won't.... you're not worth my time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, it isnt. its the directors job to hire the staff each year, no?

there was a letter from staff members circulating around DCP which pretty much said why they werent returning, you're welcome to search for it but i won't.... you're not worth my time.

I am not doubting at all that some staff left because they thought that Sal was given the shaft. I would hope that the staff is loyal to their director. If nothing, I am agreeing with you. The context of your message sounded to me that they were ALL protesting. Maybe I was just reading into it too much. I suppose I shouldn't have assumed, but this subject is pretty sensitive to a lot of people and I don't want generalizations to cover up facts.

I know for a fact that nobody besides Sal Salas was fired from the Madison Scouts. I know for a fact that nobody besides the people who have been listed at the beginning of this thread have been hired by the Madison Scouts. I know for a fact that some of the staff have applied to come back. I know for a fact that some of my friends on staff were planning on leaving before the whole "Sal" thing happened. I didn't do the research that you suggested, but I believe you when you say that some protested. I don't know a lot of the details, but I do know that "they", as a whole, aren't protesting. I have nothing but respect for those who are protesting. I'm sure that they'll do great wherever they go.

As for the present, and the future of Madison. I am VERY excited.

Yes. I do

:P heh-heh!!

Edited by GGarrett

Well, 2007 should be fun! :)

BD may not play jazz much any more, but they still have a certain sound. Cavies push the visual envelope, Phantom still maintians its unique symphonic sound. All the top corps have transitioned (and led the way) into 21st century drum corps while still maintianing their respective "Identities."

I think this is where Madison has had trouble.

The trouble has actually been almost all in the fundraising area (or lack of it). The Scouts...and really any organization can talk about tradition and identity all they want. When it comes to consistently fielding a top 6 drum corps....tons of it is how well you can support that corps, that tradition, that identity. Over the past 10 years or so...that's where the BOD...under two different leaders,,,has failed in my opinion. They need to freakin RAISE CASH!