Sunburst

Troopers Sunburst from 67 and 70. You've gotta love the black #####es!

Click Here.

<edited for filter circumvention: ds>

well, since they all rode horses to rehearsals and all... :blink:

I love the Troop! I watched the promo video again and although I never marched there, the old clips and the newer footage along with the "legends never die" thing - you gotta get a lump in your throat, I don't care who you are.

I'm SO glad they are back on the field this year.

Best thing about that footage- how FULL the back stands are. :)

Those must have been good days...

Actually, at least the 1970 clip was from a halftime performance at the Denver Broncos football game at Mile High Stadium in September.

Actually, the "1970" clip is excerpted from the the 1970 documentary/short film "The Troopers are Coming!". The video performance is a late 1969/early 1970 Broncos/Jets game (remember the old AFL?). Most interesting, the audio component is an overdub from the Troopers World Championship (and my personal all time favorite) performance at the 1969 World Open in Lynn MA. Thinking about the technology of the day, it is an amazing synch job but if you pay real close attention to that section in it's entirety, you will notice a couple of out of phase sections. Being an East Coast guy, I remember, to this day, my dad bringing me to see the Troopers and saying after you see this corps, everything you ever thought about drumcorps will change. He was right!