Sunrisers Announce New Board of Directors

Sunrisers Announce New Board of Directors

We know that many of you have heard rumors of changes taking place at the Sunrisers.

Effective November 1st 2006, Sunrisers Corps Director Nick Yaworski decided to step down from his role and spend some much deserved time with family instead. Those of you who have been around DCA long enough will already know that it was Nick's hard work and relentless dedication that helped bring the corps back to the field of competition after several inactive years. His passion for the business of the corps and love for the members that fill its ranks is impossible to overlook. Please join us in thanking Nick for his tireless devotion to our beloved corps and wishing him the very best.

No one person can fill Nick's shoes. But together the current members, staff, administration and alumni can and will make him proud in his retirement. Stepping into the role of Corps Director for 2007 is Mr. Charles Cook. With Mr. Cook we have been diligently working not only to fill the void in Nick's absence but to carry on the torch and bring the corps to the next level.

We're excited to introduce a newly assigned 2007 board of directors which includes the following personnel:

 Joe Verlezza - Former corps director 1984-1991, mellophone 1966-1975, visual instructor 1980-1982

 Charles Cook - Former corps Director 1983, color guard 1963-1989, drum major 1973, 1980-1983

 Gary Williams - Former corps Director 1992, 1994-2002, marched 1974-1992

 Scott Yaniga - Bass section 1977-79, Skyliners Alumni corps 1995, Director 1998-2004

 Jack Alexandro - Current Alumni Corps director, bass section leader/instructor 1974-1989,1991,1994,1998

 John Torres - Member Snare Line and instructor 1991-1995

 Dave Franceschina - Tenor 1971, snare 1972-1982, perc instructor 1982-1983, percussion arranger/instructor/coordinator 1984-1987, 1989-1990.

 John Clougher - Marched 1980-2006, marching tech 2004-2005

We are currently in the process of securing design and instructional personnel who will be returning as well as interviewing new additions to the staff for 2007 and going forward. Our goal for the future is to provide a sound infrastructure built on a professional business plan and expert training that is dedicated to supporting the most competitive drum corps possible. Make no mistake about it - we take this responsibility seriously. We have the utmost respect for the passion, dedication and integrity of our current corps membership and so this process requires that we take great care in our decisions. It simply cannot be done in a matter of days so we ask that you stay tuned here. We're excited about what we're working on and will fill you in ASAP.

Our open house is still scheduled for November 26th at the Nyack Center as per Tom Pohl's post earlier on this site. We hope to see some of you there.

In the meantime feel free to contact us via email at sunbari1@sunrisers.com .

Sincerely,

The Sunrisers Management

Edited by DaveChina

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Nick on his retirement.

Best of luck to the new administration, hope all goes well for the Corps.

Lets get back to competing with each other for the top spot!

Nick has been a main stay. Hope we still see him at shows. I see Gary Williams is on the board, he was a big supporter of mine during my stint as DCA Chief Judge. Pass on a big hello for me.

Good Luck SUN have a great year.

This sounds well thought out and structured in thought.

I am sure that I speak for many others when I say; The Sunrisers are very special to me. I look forward to the day when they are as successful compressively and they are off the field.

If Dave China is involved, well he is simply one the finest humans I have ever had contact with!

Trust in this new change.

Sounds to me that they are all dedicated Sunrisers with rich belief in their journey.

I don't know the others, but as I said, Dave China is as much Sunriser legend as you can get. He knows!

Good luck in the future Sunrisers.

Lets get back to competing with each other for the top spot!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!

Congratulations to the Sunrisers' newly assigned 2007 board of directors! What exciting news. There are many well known names on the board, and a number of individuals that I have gotten to know through drum corps in DCA. best of luck

All best wishes also to Nick Yaworski, whose longevity with and dedication to the Sunrisers is well known as well. Enjoy your retirement, Nick.

Doreen

You know what they say.... "The world awaits the rising of the sun..."