Spirit and Crossmen

Crossmen will be just fine.

Oh wait....oh NO! I just remembered that SKYRIDERS moved to Texas and then they folded!

Crossmen are DOOMED! Curse you Skyriders! Woe is Texas! If only the actions of one corps *didn't* dictate the outcome of every other possible move to the state from now till the end of time by any other group! Oh cursed day!

This post has been brought to you by the Sarcasmo 2000. Sarcasmo: When Things Start Getting Just a Little TOO Ridiculous

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets went from NJ to PA and then won a world championship

They won a few championships before they moved as well.

Of course you knew that already.

Edited by ssorrell

They won a few championships before they moved as well.

Of course you knew that already.

I think his point was clearly that the move didn't HURT them, since they were able to win afterwards.

Crossmen will be just fine.

Oh wait....oh NO! I just remembered that SKYRIDERS moved to Texas and then they folded!

Crossmen are DOOMED! Curse you Skyriders! Woe is Texas! If only the actions of one corps *didn't* dictate the outcome of every other possible move to the state from now till the end of time by any other group! Oh cursed day!

Out of curiosity, has there been another Open Class corps move to Texas and be viable long term? I honestly don't know, but my guess would be no. So the only barometer the general public has is The Sky Ryders failure/folding after moving to Texas. Obviously there were problems before the corps moved, but it is undeniable the parallel between Crossmen's current situation and Sky Ryder's situation, even up to the "people wanted to start their own corps in Dallas before the learned Sky Ryders were available."

I don't think anyone wants Crossmen to do anything other than kick major butt on the field next year, and for a long time following. But you can't be surprised that fans and alumni are worried about the corps' survival.

Well besides the fact that some of the hornline and almost all of the snare lines from mike backs early years came from J.S.U..

When I marched Spirit we stayed there for a week in 96 and had all camps and alldays there in 97,98,99 not sure about 2000 though. It's not "new".

Also when I marched most of the corps was from Fl ( old suncoast people/ people who would have been at suncoast).

And Tenn., and south Georgia. There were usually an average of 3 to 10 people that were actually from Atlanta in 96 - 98.

I don't think anyone wants Crossmen to do anything other than kick major butt on the field next year, and for a long time following. But you can't be surprised that fans and alumni are worried about the corps' survival.

296916313_9ea71b4ef6.jpg

I think his point was clearly that the move didn't HURT them, since they were able to win afterwards.

Yeah...okay...my point is that the move didn't HELP them either. Before and after the move, they were the same corps. The move didn't seem to affect them at all, at least from a membership and competitive standpoint.