HYPE 2007 Show Announcement

Building on a successful 2006 season which focused on innovation through the selection of artists and their music, The Hamilton Youth Performing Ensemble is proud to announce its 2007 summer production entitled “The Dark Side of Oz ”. HYPE will combine elements of the epic Pink Floyd rock album "The Dark Side of the Moon" with familiar melodies from the classic film "The Wizard of Oz" to create a profound musical experience, complemented by an equally inspired visual program.

HYPE’s 2007 Design Team includes: Paul McGarr (Program Co-ordinator), Allan Gaumond and Paul McGarr (Brass Arrangers), Dave Simpson (Front Ensemble Arranger), Adam Sinclair (Battery Arranger), Doug Cann (Auxiliary Designer), and Kathleen Linehan (Visual Designer)

Very cool! Let's see how many Canadian corps we can get into finals this year. Good luck HYPE!

Building on a successful 2006 season which focused on innovation through the selection of artists and their music, The Hamilton Youth Performing Ensemble is proud to announce its 2007 summer production entitled “The Dark Side of Oz ”. HYPE will combine elements of the epic Pink Floyd rock album "The Dark Side of the Moon" with familiar melodies from the classic film "The Wizard of Oz" to create a profound musical experience, complemented by an equally inspired visual program.

HYPE’s 2007 Design Team includes: Paul McGarr (Program Co-ordinator), Allan Gaumond and Paul McGarr (Brass Arrangers), Dave Simpson (Front Ensemble Arranger), Adam Sinclair (Battery Arranger), Doug Cann (Auxiliary Designer), and Kathleen Linehan (Visual Designer)

Sounds like a fun show! :)

Good luck to you guys - sounds like it could be a great program.

One of my dream shows (although I was going to throw in a little Wicked and The Wiz)

Can't wait to see it, should be a fun show!

This does sound like a "cool" concept and a "fun" show. :)

I really thought HYPE showed good technique and musicianship on the field last year. Very well done show. Classy looking corps with their gold sashes that complimented their shiny brass. I am looking forward to seeing these kids just get better and better.

Have a great year HYPE and I hope I see you on a field near me in the early season.

I currently play tuba for H.Y.P.E, and i can say it is gonig to be a great season. It is only november and we have a solid and strong brass, and battery section, and the music is incredible. We have already been introduced to the first piece and it sounds great. Looking forward to a great season with all the guys.