Scout Brass Caption Head

Just received my e-mail listing the Scouts hornline caption head and staff. As I am not a staff member, nor a person that should be posting the names of these people, all I have to say is that these guys will keep the Madison hornline sounding amazing. There are some familiar names, as well as names that some of you may not have heard of, but I hope that some of us do not simply say "who is that person" before you see what these people will do for this corps!

Although he's not the caption head, Dave Cooksey was instructing the hornline when I was in in 1982, and most recently was a brass instructor with

Regiment in '05 & '06. He'll be closer to home on Scouts staff! :P

Cooksey, assuming it is the same one, worked with the Contras at Regiment in 03, and I think again in 04.

There's only one Dave Cooksey!....

Any others are just weak imposters!

CT

Funny, I've said the same thing about you. :D

There's only one Dave Cooksey!....

Any others are just weak imposters!

CT

Will the real Dave Cooksey please stand up!!!! :P

I do not know Mr. Cooksey, but I have nothing but trust in the new leadership of Madison, so I KNOW they made the right decision hiring him, among others.

Now I am salivating waiting for the show annoucement!!!

The Brass Staff Announcement is official and has been published on DCP's front page.

On a personal note, I've known Keith Dunton, who has been named Brass Caption Head, for several years and think very highly of him - as a person, a teacher, and a leader. With Keith and the rest of the brass staff on-board - we have reason to be VERY excited for the Scouts.

Best of luck to them in the coming year.

-john

Definitely looks like they have a strong connection through the 1995/1996 years. Those shows are typically listed among all-time favorites for DCI, let alone the Scouts, so hopefully they can reinstill some of that flare in the programming.