2007 DCI Major Events schedule now released

bleh. rehearsal in lubbock would be awful :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but it's not back to a full showing, with DATR on the same day.

Ah well, guess we just have to settle for finals the next TEN YEARS, eh?

Fair trade. B)

Navy/Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis is a great venue, IMO. I would LOVE to see DCA Championships there someday.

I did the PA work there a few years ago for the Interservice championship, and I'm the PA guy this Saturday the 11th for the USSBA championship show. So I'll get a nice loooooooooonnnnnng look at the place Saturday....all day and half the night. LOL

Fran

Anybody wanna bet that DCI is considering Annapolis as a potential future sight for DCI East?

Yeah, not only would the temps be horrible, but if you tick, you'd have to watch out for the local basketball coach throwing a chair at you :lolhit:

Boooooo I was hoping for a big Seattle show.

I guess I'm contended with everything else though....especially DATR and the Stanford show. Lubbock sounds interesting too; seems like a stadium I'd very much like to perform in (and wear my TTU shirt the day of rehearsal, too).

Seahawk Stadium :wub:

Anybody wanna bet that DCI is considering Annapolis as a potential future sight for DCI East?

Interesting thought......Allentown makes me do this - :wub:

Yeah, not only would the temps be horrible, but if you tick, you'd have to watch out for the local basketball coach throwing a chair at you :lolhit:

I remeber rehearsing in a small town called Kermit. It's not too far from Lubbock. The weather wasn't as bad as we expected for west Texas, but there were swarms of evil bees everywhere. Not fun.

As for the San Antonio show, I really hope it's a full line-up. If I march this summer, that's the closest thing to a home show for me. If I don't march, then that's my only chance to see what all of the corps have.

I loved the Georgia Dome (even though it was a dome), however, the dinner break situation at the CNN Center was sort of like..... :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I want it to be like this........ :doh: b**bs :doh: b**bs

Any place I can head on the subway that would be less crowded during the dinner break? :wub:

Lubbock is a great place during the summer, if you don't mind dry heat. The wind will be rough in the afternoon, and will calm down around six at night. Jones stadium is a great place to perform and to watch a show. Downside is there is a mean echo that comes off the the concrete retaining wall that runs from end zone to end zone. The sound will bounce three or four times depending on the volume. Watch the major and don't listen to the percussion!

I've performed in that stadium a dozen times. That place was a relic, until the recent renovation which turned out really awesome!

(I miss Lubbock...)

Edited by mpsanchez