Kiwanis Kavaliers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least now they are putting some names to the previously empty slots. I guess in today's climate I am a bit cautious, particularly given the financial outlay of the members and (at times) lack of oversight...and some of the recent problems with some other corps with ethical dealings. I truly hope the good intentions will turn out a good product, somehow :)

It's not just the climate -- last year they didn't tour, and a lot of money evaporated. When kids pay for a tour and don't get anything for it, it creates a lot of ill will. New or not, these people need to belay the fear that kids going there are going to have the same thing happen to them.

This is a big step in the right direction.

While I understand DCI wants to give the new Kiwanis organization an opportunity to prove itself, I would like them to make some kind of desicion or give a press release as to what the competive/touting status will be; Div I or II etc.

This would help everyone involved, the corps management, potentential staff, and potential members able to plan and make the best decisions for themselves.

Thanks Tilt! I have the same questions. I know everyone is curious as to what is happening with Kiwanis Kavaliers, especially some of the Alumni. It would be nice to see what happens in the next few weeks. I know they have added a couple of people to the "who's who" if you will, but no one knows them. Well at least maybe not everyone knows them. I guess it will be a waiting game for the next bit....

Teri Carter

Ventures All Girl 1980-1983

Kiwanis Kavaliers 1984-1985

Dutch Boy 1986-1988

Kiwanis Kavaliers 1989-1991

Edited by vladdie1967

Message board is up, for those of you wondering.

www.kiwaniskavaliers.org

for you nosy people, refunds for people that marched last year are going out soon.

Also, caption heads and percussion audition material have been posted.

Curiosity question:

Did KK have a camp this weekend or last or are they planning one soon? I haven't heard anything from that aspect of the corps. Getting management is a great start but means nothing if you have no members to march.

Edit:

AUDITION CAMP DECEMBER 1-3, 2006 @ BELEN JESUIT PREP

Maybe if I'd actually look at their site first I'd save myself from embarrasment...

Edited by basscreaturetwo

If it's not one, it's the other.

Oh, you guys. :)

Anyway. I know Sarah meant that in a humorous way. So please don't take it beyond that. Don't know why everyone is so easily ticked at little things like that.

Anyway. Hope to see some of you at the Camp.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the executive director is ~25 and the tour manager is 22? I'm not saying that young people can't often accomplish great things, but this (running a touring DCI corps) is an arena where experience counts for a lot. Best of luck to them, though! I'm certainly hoping that all goes well. I'll be cheering as loudly as anyone.