Chicago corps

I've been having some trouble finding Division II and III corps in the Chicago area. Does anyone have names of corps or know where I can get more info? Thanks greatly.

Not sure of any really close, but Capital Sound is 2 1/2 hours away in Madison...and although it's a bit of a drive, Memphis Sound is about 8 hours south.

Both great corps. B)

there are no II/III corps in the Chicago area...Windy City was supposed to become one, but that's a long story. Yes, one of the closest ones is Capital Sound (and I make the drive from the southland, it's not that bad), with an exciting show concept, great new staff and level of enthusiasm amongst current and prospective members that I haven't seen in a long time, this is going to be a great year for Capital Sound.

Edited by tubawarrior

AND...not, to much further away is CAPITAL SOUND...

Our first camp is: DECEMBER 1-3, in McFarland - Wisconsin (just outside of Madison)...

Details will be on our website: www.capsound.org

We have an ambitious 2007 show planned, and interest is high...we'd love to have you come join us.

depending where you're coming from, but most likely, yes Cavies or PR are closer...you drive through Rockford (Phantom Regiment [i-90]) to get to Madison, and again depending where you're coming from, you will most likely pass Rosemont (Cavaliers) as well.

Edited by tubawarrior

quick question, are Cavies or Phantom closer? I know they're not 2/3, I'm just curious.

Hmm, I tried replying and it didn't work, let's see if this one does. Cavaliers are in Rosemont while Phantom is in Rockford, so it really depends where you live. The chicago suburb that I live in is closer to Cavaliers. Both are manageable drives-for me personally I think its about 45 minutes and 1 1/2 hour.

Edited by shrinkingclarinet1991

SteelTown Brass is an option. We hold our camps in Mid-Michigan, and we have people that come from WI.