Mark & Brian (radio guys)

I'm pretty sure that the "Mark & Brian radio program" is pretty widely syndicated. How would you guys feel about them doing a segment of their show during championship week? Maybe Wednesday or Thursday?

One of Mark and Brian's running gags is that they brag about how great they are at playing "the brass." They then "play" trumpets, but they don't really know how to play anything. They just wing it. And, as expected, it sounds really bad! I've heard them play "name that tune," where one of the guys tries to play a song on trumpet, and the others try to figure it out. Usually the tune is completely unrecognizeable.

I don't have any connections to M&B, but I think it might be a fun idea to have them come out and do a segment with a corps or something. They could do their comedy schtick and then they could broadcast some real good playing. I think it also might be a good way to get some fun PR for the activity.

What do you all think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Howard Stern fan I would have to say if they did that bit the would be stealing it from Howard.

Adam Carolla...Adam's dad played trumpet/flugelhorn

Also Jimmy Kimmel played clarinet in high school band. Get him out there to do a segment.

there was a "radio personality" that announced at Pacific Procession a few years back. and he did such an abysmal job, just so unfunny and kind of insulting to the crowd....................

there was a "radio personality" that announced at Pacific Procession a few years back. and he did such an abysmal job, just so unfunny and kind of insulting to the crowd....................

Wasn't that Jimmy Kimmel?? I remember being there and that he said he was from the Man Show. I do remember that he was not very good as a drum corps announcer. Too many strange comments and he did not know anything about drum corps.