MCL Open House/Camp - STANDING ROOM ONLY!

torn8o

MCL Open house/camp was a HUGE success! ^OO^ We had a HUGE (40ish horns and 90-100ish total attendance) jawdrop.gif turnout and a FIRED UP group of prospective corps members! ^OO^

I am SO glad to hear that! :worthy: Wish I could have been there but of couse we had our very first open house here for Austin Stars. We have a full battery already! Still plenty of spots for baritone and trumpet in the hornline.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doooodeedoooo. Nothing to see here. :music:

Great to hear that the open house went well. Hope the temperature was warmer than when the DCA-S Directors held their convention there a few weeks ago!! :tic:

Thanks to Scott and all for a great time.

Anyone in that area should check out MCL .. great people and great corps !!

So, is Scotty playing this year????

Double post. This hasn't happened in a while.

Edited by ravedodger

So, is Scotty playing this year????

Same as last year...i.e. My primary roll is as an instructor but I will be involved in the show as well. How much is yet to be determined. If you did not see last year's video, I ended up playing by the end of the season last year as well.

This year is going to be a little tricky simply because I'm also on Spirit's staff now. I doubt that things will be much different than last year even with the new commitment. Still, we will need to be creative in order to make it work.

Same as last year...i.e. My primary roll is as an instructor but I will be involved in the show as well. How much is yet to be determined. If you did not see last year's video, I ended up playing by the end of the season last year as well.

This year is going to be a little tricky simply because I'm also on Spirit's staff now. I doubt that things will be much different than last year even with the new commitment. Still, we will need to be creative in order to make it work.

Cmon! How about you and I start a cymbal line :)

This is fantastic news! Can't wait to see you on the field.