Worst Company Front

I think the worst one I have ever witnessed was from the sidelines at Finals in Lakawanna Stadium. 2004 was the year. Cabs were the corps. The drill was running some members ragid and the company front didn't gel and lock. Instead it more or less looked like a wobbly sideways 'S' shape.

Any others?

Mom

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 1988? As much as I absolutely LOVE this show ( :tic::wub::wub::wub::music: ), I don't think it ever quite made it at finals:

303149346_c1a8ab582e_o.png

But other than that, perfection. Sheer perfection throughout this show. NO WAY you can watch the ending with the crowd and staff going absolutely nuts, jumping up and down, arms flailing in the air, without getting a little tear yourself. Just...unreal. The music, the drill...dear Lord.

Madison Scouts at Jefferson City, MO in 1987.

Somehow the hash marks were wrong on one side of the field and all the corps before them caught on to this and made the necessary adjustments. When the Scouts came out, they realized there was a problem and the DM had to go out and count out the steps to let them know where the problem was.

Needless to say, they hit a company front and one half of the horn line was a good four steps behind the other.

Cadets 1988? As much as I absolutely LOVE this show ( :tic::wub::wub::wub::music: ), I don't think it ever quite made it at finals:

303149346_c1a8ab582e_o.png

But other than that, perfection. Sheer perfection throughout this show. NO WAY you can watch the ending with the crowd and staff going absolutely nuts, jumping up and down, arms flailing in the air, without getting a little tear yourself. Just...unreal. The music, the drill...dear Lord.

Ouch...

I'd also put in Madison for the 98 and 99 finals company fronts. Since I was in the group I feel that these were the worst of all year, but somehow managed to gather before the start of the show.

98 Side 1- Company front breaks while guy lines field.

99 Side 2- Company front breaks due to loud cheering. Also I think a tech might have mistakenly counted off the step off at the near front side line. He thought the DM at the center counted off the CF, but sadly he wasnt, he was mistaken. I think it took about 30 or 40 yards to self correct, but somehow, I'm not really sure, we got it back straight again.

Two good memories. :)

I find "worst" kind of harsh to describe a company front. These are merely.......not very straight :sshh:

vkcf.jpg

VK 92...or rather "Velvet Knights 1992"

The very fact that it was this particular corps doing this particular show makes it seem like it was purposely meant to be done this way.

96olympcf.jpg

Cadets 96 at the Olympics (both above & below)

96olympcf2.jpg

For not having any real markings to go off of...this is still pretty #### impressive

This next one I am hesitant about posting; it isn't at all horrible, but it has been bugging me since I first watched it, and I can't figure out whether I'm seeing something that isn't there.

Plus I'm afraid someone is going to slap me in the face for thinking there's something wrong with this CF.

SCV 89

SCV19891stPlace_98.jpg

Point - Is it just me, or is there someone on the wrong foot almost directly in the center of the CF? I think I'm probably seeing things.

It's been bugging me for a LONG while, but I've been afraid to ask.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

This next one I am hesitant about posting; it isn't at all horrible, but it has been bugging me since I first watched it, and I can't figure out whether I'm seeing something that isn't there.

Plus I'm afraid someone is going to slap me in the face for thinking there's something wrong with this CF.

SCV 89

SCV19891stPlace_98.jpg

Point - Is it just me, or is there someone on the wrong foot almost directly in the center of the CF? I think I'm probably seeing things.

It's been bugging me for a LONG while, but I've been afraid to ask.

Yes, it does look like that. Something looks wrong there. Maybe one guy stepped to close to the next one in a small brain fart but recovered quickly.

Edited by rai-mello