Morning Runs

Piper

we had some fun ones. get the whole corps in a block, starting running down the streets (we were at a military base), pick up the pace, a lot, keep running, find some hills, run up those, wave the the marines as we pass them by, keep running, watch as people start to fall out, keep running, stop. do some sit ups and pushups, run back. wave to all the people from the corps who have fallen out of the block. run faster. get back to the field with half the battery, a handful of horns, two guard, and one girl left. five and a half mile full corps sprints are fun.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would run 1-2 miles and sometimes run for about 15min. During our runs we were to practice breathing on our own if not doing it as a corps. However, I run 4-5 miles for myself at least once everyweekend doing the same...so, it doesn't bother me.

When I marched I can only remember one rule that we had for the runs : Everyone had to start and finish together. The pace or length didn't matter, as long as it was the same corps at the end that it was at the beginning.

Yeah, it went between 10 minute runs at five different speeds and a certain amount of laps. Depended where we were. And some backwards running, too.

Edited by PioSop06

When I seen the title I thought this was about a upset stomach or sumthin :lol:

HAHAHAHA oh wow....

Get up, grab a donut (get that sugar, partially hydrogenated oil, and transfats), go have a smoke, wash it down with a full-sugar soda, and you're ready for practice!

Hey, it worked for us.

Apparently not. The 11th Cav hasn't come close to a DCI title in quite some time. Hopefully that will change.

Dont think we ever did morning runs. We always had Breathing block after lunch...and the worst breathing blocks came after those Taco Surprise lunches.

And that still rings ever so true.

"Okay, this time in 4 out 36" is death on a full stomach of beef and spices...

Edited by zachariaswmb