An Open Letter to the NY Skyliners

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not like the "Old Day's". . . .

Then on to Senior Corps. You remained Loyal to them during Good times and Bad. From the first day, till the day you died. (like Sports teams).

but was that so called loyalty inspired by fear? and if it was, did it really matter how loyal people were by not going anywhere else? if people don't have their hearts in it what's the point really.

i know the questions are off topic but as you left that door open and this is something i've been wondering for a while.

but was that so called loyalty inspired by fear? and if it was, did it really matter how loyal people were by not going anywhere else? if people don't have their hearts in it what's the point really.

i know the questions are off topic but as you left that door open and this is something i've been wondering for a while.

I think it was more of being loyal to your neighborhood. Drum Corps was such a neighborhood thing back in the day. People have always switched corps and lived to tell about it.

It's unfortunate that the Skyliners are having such difficulty recruiting. How was your open house! Anything to report?

:feednotroll:

I saw your original comment before you edited it - who's sockpuppet are you anyway? :beer: LOL!

Edited by SaraNYC

I am long time fan of the Skyliners going back many years and wish them the best! That's all!

Well then, why did you originally post a comment inferring that Loyalty is a two way street and has to be earned and then go back and edit it? And then change it and make a comment insinuating that the Skyliners are having trouble recruiting?

I call BS! That's all! :beer:

But since you're so concerned and all - the Skyliners are going to be just fine. The open house went great. The horn line sounded very good for what little rehearsal time we had. Once people hear that the staff means business and the arrangements are top notch, the people that want a quality Skyliner drum corps experience will continue to come in.

Folks, no hype here - just great original music from Key Poulan and a great staff that really cares about the New York Skyliners and what it means to be a Skyliner and who don't want to see the great Skyliner tradition die.

If you're curious and want to see what it's about - we have rehearsal Dec 17th in Dover before the January camp. Just click the Skyliner banner below for more info!

Edited by SaraNYC

Sara,

Best way to respond to questions about recruitment and attendance:

"You want to know how many were there? Come to a rehearsal and see for yourself."

^0^

Sara,

Best way to respond to questions about recruitment and attendance:

"You want to know how many were there? Come to a rehearsal and see for yourself."

^0^

As A Skyliner Alumni, that lives in GEORGIA. Attending a rehearsal or anything would be a bit of a problem. Just asking about attendance at the Open House, did not seem like a question that would cause a problem.