II/III DVDs

I have yet to order mine, but my girlfriend got hers so I'm thinking of heading over to her house asap to watch it! And maybe spend some time with her too...

Good to see you have your priorities in order... :P

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since both topics are now essentially about reviewing the DVDs, I've merged the two DVD topics together.

Now if the DVD could include a high cam I would be overjoyed. Their choice of when to go to their high cam sucks. And noting that Madison had the high stands it makes no sense why they would not have those two options. Multi-cam and high cam. Now, years from now, I will forget some of the cool visual moments of our show due to camera men zooming in on colorguard at the wrong time.

Completely agreed. When I first saw the DVD, at some points I was like "yes! here ti comes.......boom went multi cam when I wanted high cam." and others times i was like "im about to see myself......no wait, high cam..."

I think one of the most frustrating things for me not to see on the DVD was this one set we did and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned ALL summer, and it was good by the end and it did some awesome stuff after that. In the dvd you see the hornline and we're coming into it, we're forming it, then ....percussion... It's like "haha, here it comes...No!"

Oh well, can't get everything.

Yeah, that happened in '04 with the crazy drill at the end of our show... It was on high cam (whatever pathetic excuse for high cam that was) right up until the crazy stuff happened and it switched to a closeup of the trumpet duo up front. I was freaking ######. The only video I have of it is from practice on our tour DVD when it was still dirty.

Hey, anyone else remember how they show you a video of the performance right after you get off the field? It makes me think that no actual editing goes into making them, they just take whatever camera angles they happened to have at the time of recording. And watching past DVDs makes me think that no one actually goes through and says 'hey, here would be a good spot to go to a box angle' or 'ah, a featured dance soloist, let's focus on that!'. Instead it's more like 'meh, that's what we got, take it or leave it.'

Man, I wish whoever made the DVDs would actually WATCH them before sending them out.

On another note, you know what would be really freakin' cool? Drum corps in an Imax theater! Or maybe just high-def... that would also be cool.