II/III DVDs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my Div II/III Cds today from the apartment office, where they were dropped off yesterday. Only had a chance to listen to a Academy and a little bit of OC over my lunch break. Sounds pretty great! Though I could do without the introductions. It just adds 15-20 seconds of silence to the start of those tracks.

I'm sitting in the library and I just got my confirmation, and I almost started to get up to jump up and down, but then I decided against it.

i.e. SUPER EXCITED!!!

I hope you were making that face that's in your avatar when you saw it :)

I hope you were making that face that's in your avatar when you saw it :)

Hah, yeah, pretty much. I almost started dancing in the library when I found out it was on its way.

Judges got the placement wrong.

OC should have been higher than 4th.

ECJ did not spread the field like Spartans did. Their guard was the best part of the corps.

Academy's guard spent too much time sans equipment.

It could have easily been Academy, OC, Spartans, then ECJ.

Intonation in the mid-range horns (top baris and mellos) was horrible at times for both ECJ and Spartans. Especially when the corps tried to push the volume.

OC did not get the credit they deserved for a great show.

Just my thoughts after seeing the DVD. Confirms what I saw in Madtown.

Well, Tom, I don't have the DVD's yet but I will be sure to take your thoughts into account after I get them.

As far as the #'s game goes...OC and Spartans in either 2nd or 3rd seems more consistent with both corps' scoring over the week than the 3rd or 4th that actually happend. Looking at the recaps, there's an obvious swing vote in the ECJ's scores over the entire week. If the DVD's refute my suspicion, someone must have lit the biggest fire underneath ECJ that last week!

Did OC get screwed because of DCI politics?

I'm sure all of the members thought that one time or another...

I'm not saying one way or another...I was in Madison and left going...Huh?

One of the big reasons in ordering the DVDs was to confirm or refute my viewing. And I stil go...2nd...maybe 3rd with Spartans 2nd. ECJ in 2nd makes little sense after seeing and hearing them again. Their guard was tight...and they worked all the equipment well. But, they didn't move much and stood park and bark too much as well. There's also a big tear in the opener.

OC looked, moved and sounded OUTSTANDING. Spartans covered the field like mad people.

Academy's closer was clearly the best 3 minutes in Div. II, but the early work was rudimental and the third number did not prpoel their show forward like it should have. It did not set up the closer, which seemed to come from nowhere. Perhaps that was the intent.

Anyway...more realistically...it should have been Academy, OC, Spartans (or otherway around) then ECJ.

That's what I read both at Madison and now on the DVDs.

ECJ didn't move much? Are you blind?

Maybe if you had been around the corps on the field with them the entire season, you would realize how incredibly wrong you are. They also acheived a very demanding visual program extremely well. ECJ's drill had more demand in the first minute than Academy or Spartans had in their entire show.