Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm putting them in groupings and feel as if they may move around within said groups.

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Cavies

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. Blue Knights

9. Crossmen

10. Spirit

11. Glassmen

12. Boston Crusaders

13. Blue Stars

14. Colts

15. Madison Scouts

16. Academy

17. Troopers

18. Cascades

19. Pacific Crest

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Esperanza

Bluecoats should NEVER have beaten CADETS in 2006 and will not in 2007.

switch cavies and bluecoats.

SCV and Crown.

Bluecoats should NEVER have beaten CADETS in 2006 and will not in 2007.

switch cavies and bluecoats.

SCV and Crown.

I don't know Louie, they beat the Cadets across the board in all the music captions, and by a full point on one percussion sheet. Finals night they beat BD in brass and the Cavies in drums. :rolleyes: There's no doubt Bloo can play and drum, and that ability puts them in great position to maybe make a run. If their visual team can step it up a notch, they could easily be in the hunt.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Bluecoats will progress on this year. I think they are 3rd is perfect for them. I was at their last 3 camps and the excitement is huge there.

Bluecoats will progress on this year. I think they are 3rd is perfect for them. I was at their last 3 camps and the excitement is huge there.

You have only seen them. You cannot so they are going to do great and be in the top 3 i you have not seen anyone else. I can say well i have heard scouts have great plans for the this year and they sound great. They are going to be in the top tier. I know that the Scouts may not make it to the top 5 but I know they won't not make it to finals. They will make and beat several others. Other corps have new staffs and people say they will be on top but push scouts out. One year of bad luck can change quickly.

I'm putting them in groupings and feel as if they may move around within said groups.

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Cavies

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. Blue Knights

9. Crossmen

10. Spirit

11. Glassmen

12. Boston Crusaders

13. Blue Stars

14. Colts

15. Madison Scouts

16. Academy

17. Southwind/Troopers

19. Cascades

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

23. Esperanza

Edit: Forgot Southwind! And I think they were screwed out of semi's last year.

How does Crossmen go from not making finals to 9th place. about 4 placeent jump but Scouts go back 6. If you say just because of the move to San antnio they are going to do better look were scouts auditions are MADISON AND SAN ANTONIO.

How does Crossmen go from not making finals to 9th place. about 4 placeent jump but Scouts go back 6. If you say just because of the move to San antnio they are going to do better look were scouts auditions are MADISON AND SAN ANTONIO.

Well, Madison did have a one day audition in Arlington, Texas. And unless I'm reading their forums wrong, they only asked about 15 kids from that audition to return for auditions in Wisconsin. Just sayin. I don't think the comparison between what the Scouts are getting from Texas personnel-wise and what the Crossmen are getting from Texas are in the same ballpark.

Besides, you shouldn't take these prediction things so seriously. They don't mean anything.

Yeah, and anyone who had predicted Scouts would come in 8th in 2003 would have been crazy too, right? Same with anyone predicting Crown comes in 10th in 03, too.

Applying reason to corps predictions in February is foolish. Just let other people have their predictions and if it really makes you feel better tell them you disagree. But I can pull any evidence I want out of my a**(show announcement, camp numbers, staff lists, financial issues, moving, number of vets) to support pretty much any statement I want to make in predictions. There is no definitive right or wrong until August 12th.

Edited by TSRTS13

There are many reasons for this, including the move to San Antonio.

Reason 1- The Crossmen move to San Antonio, in one of the most musically competitive states in America.

Reason 2- The Crossmen had multiple great staff signings, including a DCI Hal of Famer. The Scouts lose all of their staff.

Reason 3- The Crossmen had altogether about 500 people audition. Scouts probably had less than half that.

Reason 4- The Camp reports from San Antonio have been incedibly promising, and coming from someone who has seen the Crossmen this winter, they are doing very, very well. I have heard nothing about the Scouts, other than very low audition numbers.