Cavies Show IS Announced

...in other words, welcome to the off-season. ^0^

this pretty much sums up my feelings on lots of threads floating around right now. :P

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to use this forum to personally and openly THANK JEFF FIEDLER and the DESIGN STAFF of the CAVALIERS for trying something that is accessible to the masses. I have LOVED their original programs, and their programs based on other people's music. I have been a Cavaliers fan for a LONG TIME. If ANYONE can pull of a BILLY JOEL show, it's a corps with the design team that has put together some of the MOST CREATIVE shows since THE FIRST THOUGHT OF DRUMS AND BUGLES!!!!!!

From ROSEMONT, ILLINOIS..........THE CAVALIERS!!!!!!!

(Sorry for yelling so much....I'm an uber-loud person...that's why I drum.)

edited, because I type like @!#$ !

Edited by Gene Bennett3rd

Why do I have the impression that people would be tearing this apart if any other corps was doing it. So I guess I have a question; for those who are really stoked about the idea, is it the idea itself and excitement to see billyoel on the field, or the fact that the design itself will be great since its the cavies?

is it the idea itself and excitement to see billyoel on the field, or the fact that the design itself will be great since its the cavies?

My answer to your question is...YES.

I 'm stoked to see Billy Joel on the field, done by the CAVIES.

I think I will enjoy their interpretation.

Allentown. Allentown. Please, let them play Allentown. New York State of Mind. We Didn't Start The Fire. No, Goodnight, Saigon - yeah, that's what I want to hear.

They're in Michigan City on a Friday night this year! On their way East to Allentown on Sunday. I'll get to see them again in Indy. I am very, very excited.

Oh, I think I just embarrassed myself.

Edited by OtherDaryl

Why do I have the impression that people would be tearing this apart if any other corps was doing it. So I guess I have a question; for those who are really stoked about the idea, is it the idea itself and excitement to see billyoel on the field, or the fact that the design itself will be great since its the cavies?

Both...... Many people like Billy Joel music. But with some music of this type, it is difficult to bring it to the drum corps field successfully. Not every corps could pull it off. Cavaliers design staff have proven that they put together some brilliant and creative shows. So, we do trust that the design team will make it great. So, to answer your question........It is a combination of both that we are excited that the CAVALIERS are doing this show.

Edited by hornline

Both...... Many people like Billy Joel music. But with some music of this type, it is difficult to bring it to the drum corps field successfully. Not every corps could pull it off. Cavaliers design staff have proven that they put together some brilliant and creative shows. So, we do trust that the design team will make it great. So, to answer your question........It is a combination of both that we are excited that the CAVALIERS are doing this show.

:wub::wub::doh:

That's what I was TRYING to say!!!!!

Well put "hornline"

:wub::wub::doh:

I couldn't care less about Billy Joel, so I'm curious/intrigued to see what the Cavies do with it. They have more fun on the field (at least they look it) than any other corps, so I look forward to seeing how it progresses it.

Maybe this has been mentioned, maybe not...I'm not about to read the whole thread to find out

Seems like a lot of people are questioning this program...

It seems a lot like when Phantom announced the show for 2003...

Harmonic Journey...Pachelbel, Adams, Rosza, Bartok....wha...?

I thought they'd lost their minds...well, we know how that turned out

I was not too gung-ho about the Cavies' 007 show when it was announced...yet again, we know how it turned out..

I should also add that their use of the mikes in the pit is also unparalled

I'm a sucker for variety of instrumental sonority, and the timbres and textures they produce are just amazing

Edited by JMS0527