Cavies Show IS Announced

Is it just me, or are The Cavaliers overated? Just my own opinion...sometimes I wonder how they get so much praise, when other corps are doing just as much progress with their shows.

Yeah, the Cavaliers are really overated. Just the fact that they've lost to both the Blue Devils and the Cadets in the last seven years screams out mediocraty...

Edited by rgortowski

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt.......I'm more shocked myself. Musically this show will be cool, but what in the world do you do visually????

Oh ya--after seeing "Movin Out" I am really perplexed wiht what they coudl do visually! LOL COME ON! I am nto even a Cavies fan and I think they can take their visual style and mix it very well wiht this music--different means, I might enjoy it like last year!

Is it just me, or are The Cavaliers overated? Just my own opinion...sometimes I wonder how they get so much praise, when other corps are doing just as much progress with their shows.

ANSWER....................THEY HAVE NOT PLACED OUT OF THE TOP 2 SINCE 2000!

Even when they aren't champions, they finish in second. What cracks me up is how earlier, someone said that their "My kind of town" show was a bad/off year. Don't we all wish our bad years got us a silver medal? That shows the respect the Cavaliers get these days. Everyone expects that they win. When they get 2nd, people call it a bad year for them.

Does this answer your question?

Edited by hornline

Fan101 Today, 08:23 PM Post #94

DCP Rookie

Group: Members

Member No.: 18239

Hey! Look everybody, first post ever!!

Welcome to DCP!! Let us know if you need help figuring any of the features out.

Unfortunately, there's no built-in troll ejector seat so you kind of have to work that manually.

Stef

But you must ask, is everyone else progressing at the same rate? We're in the middle of a visual renaissance in the activity... as much as we all love hearing great music (which has been played since this activity started) we're living in a GE and visual world... and you can say all you want about every corps and their great drill writing and visual package, but the Cavaliers are still unrivaled in complexity, especiall drill wise. Even if you think it's a bunch of boxes, it's a whole helluva lot of boxes moving at more beats per minute than you can shake a stick at.

I see endless possibilities for a great entertaining show with the drill to back it. :) Can't wait...."A bottle of red, and bottle of white"... :laugh:

Couldn't agree more. I'm SURE though that their will still be some "moder drum corps" in there but the nice thing is that it will be balanced with music from a great pop artist. I'm hoping it rivals the Bond show. Face it, the Cavies have figured out how to have the best of both worlds...entertainment AND innovation. When will the rest of the activity figure it out? Maybe if they win, it will send a message! NEVER MIND, it didn't in 04!

"Well we're living here in Allentown"

I'm excited!

yeah i think a touch of Allentown would be most appropriate, at least for one weekend

Amen, Amen, please start a new trend... :laugh:

I don't think The Cavaliers are interested in setting any sort of a trend other than being good.

That's why they'll come up with an "arrangement", why are so many negative on this? You ask for an entertaining show with drill and then they give it to you with a drill...and nobody is interested. :laugh:

Maybe they'll do the musical that's going on with Billy Joel songs. Who knows, you can speculate but how can you "hate" when you don't even know what it is?

Sheesh I don't know what to think anymore... :doh:

I bet all you naysayers will change your mind when the finished product is revealed on the field.

Plenty of people are showing interest/enthusiasm with this first statement that barely counts as announcing the show. Some aren't. What else is new?